Mobil1 Truck & SUV now available @ Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
$50 for 5qt
coffee2.gif

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-Truck-SUV-5W-30-5Qt/108197437

A58583A4-9A11-484B-91D7-C97C731E16C8.png

But you can get Rotella Gas Truck for less than half of that. Wonder how they compare on paper

What's the deal with Mobil putting out a new oil at an exorbitant price? Are they not pleased with how much vanilla Mobil 1 they sell? I mean, at that price it's going to sit on the shelf, not moving, just like AP did until they started putting it on clearance. Most importantly, why can't I make bank on my bad ideas?

Edit, I'm not knocking their oil, I'm knocking their marketing team/strategy.

Last edited:
The oil might be priced weird right now because retailers are just getting the product. The price will probably come down over the next few weeks, especially if Wal-Mart stocks it on store shelves. Don't freak out yet.

For those of you who own a truck or suv and have been running regular M1, you've just been had.

Pure marketing. Now we wait for Pennzoil Platinum Turbo.

Originally Posted by Brojo
But you can get Rotella Gas Truck for less than half of that. Wonder how they compare on paper

Comparable.

Originally Posted by PimTac
For those of you who own a truck or suv and have been running regular M1, you've just been had.

Pure marketing. Now we wait for Pennzoil Platinum Turbo.

Already done it's on the label for Pennzoil Platinum it's been reformulated for Turbocharged engines.

I just have no idea how millions upon millions of trucks and SUV's survived without these specialized engine oil blends.

Originally Posted by Red91
Most importantly, why can't I make bank on my bad ideas?

...‚...‚...‚

I don't care if they initially offer it at $100 per jug.

......as long as I can get it on clearance for $10/jug a year or two later, I'm good.

Originally Posted by Brojo

It doesn't matter, how comparable on paper or comparable in test engines - - -

both will provide the maximum amount of protection expected from a "top-shelf" engine oil.

My little SUV has a turbocharged engine.
Should I be buying M1 Truck & SUV or the upcoming M1 Turbo Power?
Maybe a jug of each and go 50/50??

Walmart showed $44 when I looked … still a bad price … (online) … it's not in our store so doubt much inventory has been produced … I'll just put M1's $22 Honda oil in the GM trucks …

Haha! Well it didn't take long for the oil industry to realize that Rottela found a little uncovered niche in the over populated oil market. Others will follow suite, and this nice little niche will no longer be a marketing homerun, but rather a congested run of the mill segment, like everything else.

I imagine it'll be very very easy for oil companies to develop their own "truck/SUV" oil...slap a new label on it, add a little more moly to the barrel....BOOM!! It's SUV and truck oil!! Yay! We did it!

And I'll buy it. Haha.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
My little SUV has a turbocharged engine.
Should I be buying M1 Truck & SUV or the upcoming M1 Turbo Power?
Maybe a jug of each and go 50/50??

Stout stuff in Signature now …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back