Gave Blood Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Always makes me feel good ..that I may have helped someone. And physically I feel better for weeks. I think it really helps by stimulating new cells more.

I am a multi gallon giver since I retired and at the age of 73 I am thrilled I can do it. At a cost of $500/pint I need to look at selling it. Its Type B+ which it makes it worth even more..lol.

Well time for a nap. I always need to do that.

Back in university days, bloodbank was a good reason to go to the pub afterwards...then nap.

We had our spring blood drive at work today. The blood I donated today was my 11th gallon. Cool milestone for me, but for some reason today I feel tired.

Life South will not take my blood
I was in the military in Europe 1995-2001
Mad cow disease
They are afraid I could possibly transmit it
Funny, though after 18 years I still feel fine

Originally Posted by toneydoc
Life South will not take my blood
I was in the military in Europe 1995-2001
Mad cow disease
They are afraid I could possibly transmit it
Funny, though after 18 years I still feel fine

Small world, I have the same issue. Red Cross put me on the ban list
lol.gif

I enjoy donating blood. They charge a lot of money to people for your donated blood. I understand the testing etc, but I've seen pints just under a thousand each. It's great if you're donating it to someone in the hospital.

Everyone should give back to their communities like the generous folks listed above. ^^^ Blood is expensive.....

Originally Posted by Tdog02
We had our spring blood drive at work today. The blood I donated today was my 11th gallon. Cool milestone for me, but for some reason today I feel tired.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! You have my deepest respects. And I don't give those lightly.

Gave for 69th time on Saturday, we count by litres in the great white north, that's about 18 us gallons I think. Easy to do and helps many, seems like the younger population doesn't have time or want to donate. If you can roll up your sleeve and give the gift of life!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by neil57
Gave for 69th time on Saturday, we count by litres in the great white north, that's about 18 us gallons I think. Easy to do and helps many, seems like the younger population doesn't have time or want to donate. If you can roll up your sleeve and give the gift of life!

I have donated over 112 pints of blood platelets as I am A+

Al, God bless you great sir
smile.gif

I'm 0- negative. I give pretty often. If i forget, they will call me about the 9 week mark. I don't know if its everyone, or just the 0 neg people like me that they call.

A- here. Our eldest spent a lot of time in children's hospitals and I was a regular donor then. Still have the ancient card in my wallet. I need to get back to it.

Now that I think about it, my last donation was at Boston Children's where I was seated next to a State Trooper, in uniform. He had lines coming out of both arms - a 2 pint at a time donor!

A huge thank you to all who donate. Our son is alive today because of people like you.

I donated (B+) this past Monday. There were a bunch of high school students there with a teacher chaperone making their first donations. There's been a lot of water under the bridge since my first donation. Trudeau the Elder was our PM, Gerald Ford was President in the US, Jaws was in the theaters, The Captain and Tenille were on the radio, and I began working on my '70 Corolla, starting with changing oil. (Always 10W-30 [usually Quaker State] and a Fram PH-16 oil filter @ 2000 mile intervals.)

I gave in April O+ type I'm sure the blood bank will give me a call after the 23rd of June to give more. I don't mind maybe it does some good.

O- here. I'm due for another donation. Thanks for the reminder / nudge.

Following up on Number_35: Yes, Gerald Ford. '64 Variant S, 1500 with dual carbs and an oil bath air cleaner. Straight 30W Valvoline in warmer months, a 10W / 20W blend in the winter, changed every 1000 miles. No oil filter, just a rock catcher.

Originally Posted by spasm3
I'm 0- negative. I give pretty often. If i forget, they will call me about the 9 week mark. I don't know if its everyone, or just the 0 neg people like me that they call.

I have O negative and they always try to get me but I'm on beta blockers and dont do well even after a troponin test each month. Thank you to all who do give.

Would love to give blood. It reduces excess iron as well which is an oxidant.

But I've been on the "Mad Cow" list as well for decades. Gave blood once back in the 1980's.....and banned ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back