Fuel Injector Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.
98 Expedition 5.4 4x4
I have these fuel injectors FOTE-D5B
[Linked Image]

I thought I should replace the O Ring seals while the fuel rail is out from an intake remove and replace.
The dealer only sells packages of black seals. These injectors have blue and black seals.
I don't know if there is any difference, but would like to replace the seals with a known compatible seal for these injectors. Any ideas where I can get them, if the black dealer seals are in fact the same, or if it is even worth replacing. I have had no issues and visually they appear fine. Only thinking to change them because they are out now and easy to change.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1998,expedition,5.4l+v8,1304402,fuel+&+air,fuel+injector+seal+/+o-ring,13679

The blue seal is a lot more important because it has to hold against the fuel under pressure in the fuel rail. The black seal would just be a tiny air leak. Generally you pull the fuel rail with the injectors in place to avoid disturbing the blue seal.

When I did the intake on the 98 MGM (probably the same injector) One of them had pinhole leak after I changed the seal. It was leaking lots of gas. Every little thing you do has some consequence :lol:
Make sure you inspect after the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back