Auto Parts Made In India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
Originally Posted by das_peikko
Originally Posted by The_Nuke
Is there some previously known problem with Indian made parts that I haven't heard yet?

Have you seen them try to make hand tools? They're horrid.

I remember about 10+ years ago bought India made Harbor Frieght wrenches. One broke when using and part of it went flying past my head. Went to Lowes and bought Kobalt set that day. Not sure what quality is like now.

I think the HF combination wrenches are still made in India . I have at least 2 sets of both metric & SAE . One at home & one on the truck . I have had no complaints about them .

Catch a set on sale for ~ $ 7 and they are cheap enough , if I loose or hide one from myself , no big deal .

At my age , I might break a tool , but doubt I will wear ir out .

As far as parts made in India ? If it is not made in USA , I pretty much groop them together .

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

Remember that ACDelco Professional =/= GM OE

ACDelco Advantage is bottom of the barrel close to white box quality.

ACDelco Professional is average aftermarket quality.

ACDelco OE is original equipment quality.

ACDelco Specialty is for heavy duty stuff like police brakes and so on.

https://www.acdelco.com/gm-original-equipment-parts/gm-oe-products.html

As far as being made in India goes, India and Thailand are huge rubber producers so its probably cheaper just to produce the part there instead of shipping the raw material to other countries to be molded. All other COO arguments aside it probably doesn't make any difference at all or if it was made by Elon Musk on Mars by little green helpers packing the stuff as it comes off the automated production line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back