'19 Mustang GT Oil Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2018 f150 w/ 5.0 just turned 10k over the weekend, have not noticed any oil consumption. I have rotella t6 5w40 in it now and will probably keep it in for about 7500 and send in a sample for UOA, Im curious about fuel delusion. If you follow some of the mustang boards Rotella 5w40 is commonly used. BTW, check out the Ronin drain plug for your next change.

Originally Posted by climhazzard
As much as I'd love to run 5W30, I don't want to give Ford any reason to deny warranty coverage given the engines do have a history of issues.

I know Motorcraft filters are made by Purolater, but haven't seen much on them having holes...I thought they were fairly robust but will do some research.

Is your comment on the PPMs in new engines specific to the Coyote, or just in general suggesting dumping at 1K due to break in materials?

I think that is a smart thing to do. I have a 2014 Mustang GT that I bought new. While I have not had any engine issues, I did have several issues that were warranty issues and I fought with Ford on two of them with one of them never getting resolved since they blamed me for the paint defect. One the other defect(Radio screen was delaminating) they also tried to blame me for causing the damage and it took four months of fighting with them to finally get them to replace it. I've never had as much problem with warranty items as I've had with Ford.

Honda wouldn't replace the armrest in my FIT ( a known issue) They said I was putting too much of my weight on it.

It was poorly molded and thin and the door card would just break through.

Garbage. You have to go to the service manager or gen manager/owner to get satisfaction many times.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Honda wouldn't replace the armrest in my FIT ( a known issue) They said I was putting too much of my weight on it.

It was poorly molded and thin and the door card would just break through.

Garbage. You have to go to the service manager or gen manager/owner to get satisfaction many times.

I had to get the regional rep involved for the radio screen and what really [censored] me off was that they came out with a service bulletin about this issue on the Mustang and some other Ford vehicles right before I first took my car in for this issue. I didn't find out about the service bulletin until the end of the four months and is what I used to finally get the regional guy to replace it. What is even worse was that this part was only about $100 retail because I asked the dealer in case I had to end up paying for it and they fought with me over a lousy $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back