Adjusting Camber Lexus LS430?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my '05 Lexus LS430 in for alignment and the camber is out of spec on the right rear. Shop owner (First time customer today) said it was not too bad but if I wanted to fix it I would need a lower control arm.

Is this correct? What do I need to adjust it?

they cannot adjust the camber because the alignment adjustment cam bolts are froze up from rust and corrosion inside the bolt and sleeve has the front cam bolts frozen in place and cannot be turned to adjust, common problem with a lot of Japanese vehicles that are located in snowbelt areas of the US. https://youtu.be/bfRBFUFWUO0

Last edited:
Toyotas usually don't have adjustable camber. Only the toe is adjustable.

If the camber is out of spec, it means something needs to be replaced.

IDK about rust and corrosion due to road salt; no idea how much you encounter in VA or what is on your car in particular.

There are aftermarket adjustment cams that can be bought for a lot of cars to allow camber & caster adjustments. Google camber/caster kits for that car. There would be the fronts for certain; rears, maybe, though would not need caster. Rock Auto does not carry them but other sources do.

Question before doing all that: what is the actual camber reading vs. what is specified? It may be off but not by an amount worth worrying about, and may not make a noticeable difference in wear on that tire. Benign neglect may be your friend.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Toyotas usually don't have adjustable camber. Only the toe is adjustable.

If the camber is out of spec, it means something needs to be replaced.

So, the bushing of the lower control arm may be bad or LCA is bend.
Is the car ever been in an accident involving the front or front side?

Last edited:
Best bet is to go with aftermarket adjustable lower camber arms. Lexus has 3 fixed arm lengths to correct out of spec camber but own't let you fine tune the camber to get it within spec.

Same problem with my bro's 04 Lexus LS430. Rears were at -2.2° which were chewing up the inside of the rear tires. It would be cheaper to go with aftermarket adjustables then trying to fool around with fixed OEM lengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back