converting PDF to image file

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a PDF of a small map and I need the map in some kind of image file. Any way to do it short of printing it and then taking a photo or scanning the printed copy? Did not see any options in Adobe.

You could do a Shift^Print Scrn to copy what you have on your computer screen. Then paste it into your image-handling software.

I've done this for pictures I want that are download-protected.

Within PDF there is a "take snapshot" but I am not sure what to do with it after selecting the area for the snapshot.

I tried the WIN + PRT SCR and it gives me a print of the entire screen, I only want the the area with the map, not the other task bars and tool bars that show on the screen and window.

Also, check the Windows button on the bottom that brings up a bunch of programs. You may have a tool called "snipping."

Originally Posted By: Donald
Within PDF there is a "take snapshot" but I am not sure what to do with it after selecting the area for the snapshot.

I tried the WIN + PRT SCR and it gives me a print of the entire screen, I only want the the area with the map, not the other task bars and tool bars that show on the screen and window.

Paste image in mspaint and crop to desired size.

I have not tried it, but it looks like you can save a PDF as a JPEG. I use a tool called Snag it to capture and edit.

Originally Posted By: onetwoothreee
Windows + print screen simultaneously will give you a screenshot. Check under the pictures folder.

The resultant image, however, will be very low-resolution.

MacOS
Open in (included on all Macs) Preview app, select: File: Save As
... enter the format you want in the resulting dialog. You probably would prefer JPEG but there are other options available.
You may want to take advantage of "Adjust Size" and Color options prior to saving. You can enlarge or reduce the output image size in pixels or inches. Although enlarging has it's limits (the actual sharpness won't change significantly) it will rescan the image so artifacts won't be obvious.

Originally Posted By: Danno
Use the "snipping" tool available in Windows as already mentioned. Easiest way that I know of.

Yep, the "Snipping" tool is very covenant. It saves as a.JPG image file.

In Adobe Acrobat Reader DC,
Edit,
Take a snapshot,
(cursor changes to +)
left-click and drag as many pages as you want. Reader copies your selection when you release the button.

Open MS Paint.
Click clipboard icon, paste.

Do what you want with the image file from there.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Just use the snip tool. Blow it up as big as the screen will let you for the best quality before snipping though.
Was going to post something like this too. Problem with screenshot methods - no matter which is used - is it will be restricted to the "picture" of the PDF that's currently shown on the screen at the time.

Short of downloading a program to do this properly, I'd just use an online converter.

There's no "Export to" option?

I'll have to check my home computer... but my work computer has the "Export to" -> Image -> then some file types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back