Fram Ultra PentaStar - Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the PentaStar Fram Ultra filters (the later revision - XG11665) where are you getting them in Canada?

My 2 sources have dried up and selection at retailers like CTC / Walmart generally doesn't have this in the Ultra line thoughts?

If not I'm going to have to buy the Amsoil EAO filters and just run them longer because I can't seem to locate the Ultra Filters for a decent price.
Or run across the border and do some damage there if I can find them in Buffalo etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by diyjake
Can you order online?

My 2 sources were online and they don't list them any longer. Coming from the US via mail usually will incur duty so I don't want to do that.

Better to drive it back because I can get away with no duty that way most likely depending on the guards mood. (I always declare/pay if asked)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by WobblyElvis
Rock auto have 4 of them delivered to your door for $58 Canadian tax in.

When I go to RockAuto's site it shows them as no longer listed
21.gif

EDIT: Well that is stupid... It shows up under one year but not another. Rock Auto. Dumb idiots.

To see what I mean: https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/fram,XG11665,oil+filter,5340

Last edited:
I have had that problem before. Sometimes you have to go through the process of enter the make and model before it will show you the filter. You would think having the part number would be enough.

StevieC, see if you can make friends with one of the parts counter people or parts managers at an independent that happens to sell Fram. If they can get you the jobber price, that would certainly help. That's how I usually get Wix without paying through the nose.

With respect to duty, they shouldn't be charging you duty if the part is made in Mexico, Canada, or the States and is for personal use. If you still have problems, just pull over and change oil on the road on the U.S. side before you have to meet the Canadian tax collector/border security people.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by WobblyElvis
Rock auto have 4 of them delivered to your door for $58 Canadian tax in.

When I go to RockAuto's site it shows them as no longer listed
21.gif

EDIT: Well that is stupid... It shows up under one year but not another. Rock Auto. Dumb idiots.

To see what I mean: https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/fram,XG11665,oil+filter,5340

Stevie,

Rockauto does that some time. Not sure if they are out of stock when this hapoena. Just do a search by part number.

I buy 6 ultras for both vehicles at a time and use the 5 pct coupon.still much cheaper than crappy tire's sale price.

Originally Posted by RageOfFury
My local Walmart sells the XG11665...well last time I checked they did.

I have 4 walmarts and none of them carry it. The 2 Canadian Tires by me only carry the Tough Guard version of the filter.
frown.gif

It's ok I'll watch Rock Auto and I'll see if I can source them in Buffalo when I'm there next for Harbor Freight.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Get Wix XP. Another Canadian on BITOG gets Wix at a good price.

The Wix XP isn't in the same league as the Ultra when it comes to filtration though.

Stevie, what about Partsource?

PartSource and CTC are too expensive and that is if they have it to begin with.
frown.gif

I spoke to my local parts places in my neighbourhood yesterday when I was working from home and they can't touch RockAuto's regular price so I'll just monitor RockAuto for a sale and buy a bunch. I still have 5 left so I'm in no hurry to get any.

As for Wix, I'm in the camp that the Ultra is a better filter from my own experiences running Wix/WixXP in my father in-laws van compared to the Ultra in mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back