New Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Just curious what you base your comments on ?
Originally Posted by slomo
Another under performer. Pretty soon there will be a show down post on this fabulous new ceramic wonder wax compared to the world standard Turtle Wax line. LOL It too will lose that battle.

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Another under performer. Pretty soon there will be a show down post on this fabulous new ceramic wonder wax compared to the world standard Turtle Wax line. LOL It too will lose that battle.

Don't hold your breathe Chris.

After seeing countless posts by this single person in multiple threads all in a flurry over just a couple days...what we're seeing is a Turtle Wax SPAM-type posting attack.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001

After seeing countless posts by this single person in multiple threads all in a flurry over just a couple days...what we're seeing is a Turtle Wax SPAM-type posting attack.

Yep. A 🢠spammer. Very uncommon to see these. They are quite rare.

I ran out to town and bought a $15 bottle, lot of work...and jesus don't get it on the glass....does have a deep luster but really did not reinvent the wheel here.

Last edited:
I have used Zaino for the past 15 years with excellent results. But it sure was a lot of work. I'm also 15 years older now so would like to try something simple and less labor intensive that gives good results.

For a brand new car, is the best practice to do the old Dawn dishwashing soap wash routine to strip any dealer applied wax, and then clay bar the surface before applying the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax per their directions ?

Originally Posted by Dwight_Frye
I have used Zaino for the past 15 years with excellent results. But it sure was a lot of work. I'm also 15 years older now so would like to try something simple and less labor intensive that gives good results.

For a brand new car, is the best practice to do the old Dawn dishwashing soap wash routine to strip any dealer applied wax, and then clay bar the surface before applying the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax per their directions ?

That will depend on the condition of the paint on that car. If your car was transported by rail then you will have rail dust embedded in the clear coat. You can try this simple test using a Ziplock baggie.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/1200-the-plastic-bag-clay-bar-test-youll-say-wow/

Dealers tend to use as little and as cheap a product as necessary to detail their new cars. Usually the end result is a poor job. Most send their cars through a swirl-a-magic car wash and detail it with dirty rags that have been everywhere. Starting with a clean slate is a good idea.

No need to use the Dawn if you're going to clay it, the clay will remove the dealership wax. Regular car wash soap will do, and it won't adversely affect the trim like the Dawn.

Hope your not referring to me? I do not live here at the site...I work and have a life....
sorry if your referring to someone else.

Originally Posted by David1
[.Hope your not referring to me? I do not live here at the site...I work and have a life....

Nope...it's not about you.

Originally Posted by David1
[.Hope your not referring to me? I do not live here at the site...I work and have a life....

Nope...it's not about you.

Thanks

Funny, I thought this was turning into a Meguiar's sponsored forum with a bunch of people who think they're the best at everything all the time.

Originally Posted by gofast182
Funny, I thought this was turning into a Meguiar's sponsored forum with a bunch of people who think they're the best at everything all the time.

I feel that Meguiar's makes solid products at an affordable price, and can be used used with good results by a 16 y.o. with his first car, to a professional detailer doing a concourse restoration, and everyone in between.

Sure there are standouts by other brands and a ton of quality products overall, but if you don't feel like experimenting you can always trust a bottle with Meguiar's name on it.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

I feel that Meguiar's makes solid products at an affordable price, and can be used used with good results by a 16 y.o. with his first car, to a professional detailer doing a concourse restoration, and everyone in between.

Sure there are standouts by other brands and a ton of quality products overall, but if you don't feel like experimenting you can always trust a bottle with Meguiar's name on it.

Agree 100%.

I've never understood why people obcess over detailing their vehicles if its just going to get dirty while driving on the highway.

I do basic wash and $7 Meguiars spray _____ bottle.

Originally Posted by gofast182

They do, to be sure, but I'm just observing that in reference to a complaint about Turtle Wax posts we have thread after thread of Meguiar's products popping up.

I use D156 and D111 religiously but there are so many good and exciting products out there right now it would be a shame to lose sight of that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I've never understood why people obcess over detailing their vehicles if its just going to get dirty while driving on the highway.

I've never understood why people concern themselves with what others enjoy.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
.........and then clay bar the surface..........
No need to use the Dawn if you're going to clay it, the clay will remove the dealership wax....

Agreed, but do yourself a big favor and try a clay mitt/sponge. I haven't bought clay since using it. I use it with very liberally mixed car wash soap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEtjpprj2mk

Originally Posted by MCompact

Agree 100%.

We've had a ton of rain here in DFW, and my truck sits outside 24/7. The initial coat that I put on of the Hybrid Ceramic Wax is still beading really good. So far I'm impressed with it for as easy as it was to apply. I've even ran it though a commercial car wash once since I've put it on. I was going to wash it this weekend and put another quick spray on, rinse off coat on it.

But I really like it for the simple application and the life of the beading so far.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

I've never understood why people concern themselves with what others enjoy.

[Linked Image]

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back