Why don't we have a sticky

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the more common Oil filters with all of their efficiency ratings at 20 microns?

They change designs and materials frequently.

I was under the impression that the micron ratings varied at times between filter models.

The FL1A size was often the one they bragged about.

Originally Posted by AuthorEditor
For the more common Oil filters with all of their efficiency ratings at 20 microns?

No real issue is lots of them claim 99% plus but that in reality be anywhere from 40 to 20 microns. They all differ a little and half of them won't tell you.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

This would be a good topic and a great idea.
thumbsup2.gif

What might be interesting is to see how the other forums make good/great threads into stickies.

Just thinking out loud.

No real issue is lots of them claim 99% plus but that in reality be anywhere from 40 to 20 microns. They all differ a little and half of them won't tell you.

^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree JJ...

I think there have been attempts to make a few threads like this over the years, but none ever became a "sticky".

How about a sticky on how to spell Mobil? Sure are a lot of people here trying to present themselves as oil gurus and then they lose all credibility by talking about Mobile 1. I know I'm beating a dead horse.

Originally Posted by bbhero

^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree JJ...

By the way the ones that won't tell aren't ever getting bought by yours truly. They can get rich off someone else's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back