CV joint brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up putting a GSP branded one on my TL after a couple days research. It has held up and worked fine.

The alternative if you want to spend $$ is to get one rebuilt by raxles.com. His work is top notch, but you'll pay for it and you may have to send him a workable core if he doesn't have one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by andrewp1998
The cv joint is finally going. what is a good brand to get?

Thanks!

Moog

If it's for the Civic in your sig, Raxles
smile.gif

The cv joint is finally going. what is a good brand to get?

Thanks!

I agree with slacktide.. raxles.com
01.gif

I have those on my civic, you won't regret it! You'll thank me!

Originally Posted by ctechbob
I ended up putting a GSP branded one on my TL after a couple days research. It has held up and worked fine.

The alternative if you want to spend $$ is to get one rebuilt by raxles.com. His work is top notch, but you'll pay for it and you may have to send him a workable core if he doesn't have one.

where did you buy it from?

I went to an online Acura dealer and bought a set of OEM reman, they have enough "cores" lying around so I don't have to send the core back. I brought my old core to my local dealer and they took them (no pay but didn't pay me either).

Raxles cost too much to ship across country, so that was out.

If it is an old car you may get lucky going to junkyard pulling an old, non leaking CV, as a core to reboot.

where did you buy it from?

www.carid.com if memory serves. I'd have to verify that but I'm pretty sure that's where. They did ship quick and got here in a day or two.

Originally Posted by researcher
I agree with slacktide.. raxles.com
01.gif

I have those on my civic, you won't regret it! You'll thank me!
By the time your DD needs a new CV at 250k miles, Raxles might not be the best option unless you are certain about the rest of the vehicle. Unless you are sick of twisting axles at the dragstrip!

Originally Posted by maxdustington
By the time your DD needs a new CV at 250k miles, Raxles might not be the best option unless you are certain about the rest of the vehicle. Unless you are sick of twisting axles at the dragstrip!

You'd be surprised how not true that is
smile.gif

Most CV axle "rebuilds" out there are poorly/cheaply "done" by Cardone. At best, you'll get a reground axle, but more likely they just slip on a new boot made of neoprene, which is inferior to the original boot. Remember that almost all CV failures are due to torn boots.It might even fail again within a year!

Raxles is worth it if they make them for your car, which they do for all Hondas

If it's not worth using Raxles, it's not worth keeping the car
smirk2.gif

If the car is worth keeping, it's worth Raxles. If the job is difficult or time-consuming, it's worth using Raxles
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back