Canadian oil lab options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im almost at the end of my powertrain warranty ( f150 3.5 eco 2014) and I would like to get and send an oil sample to a canadian lab . Any lab to suggest with giving you the best bang for the buck ? Thanks Guys

Check out Fluid Life in Edmonton. I had called around to a few ag dealers, Cummins Western Canada and it came down to 2 labs. Fluid Life and ALS, both in Edmonton.

I went with Fluid Life, purely by chance. I had went to a local Ag store in the area and they recently came out with fluid sampling but using Fluid Life. The manager had little to say about it, other than it was new and they received a flat of sampling containers. He tossed me one for free and said try it and report back. I brought him a print out of the sample to show any future clients. I liked the lay out and just picked up another free sampling container.

Normally the test is around 25$ without TBN/TAN, which I think is 3$ extra. I paid about 13$ shipping though.

We should do a VOA of Quebec and Vermont Maple Syrup too. My guess is the Quebec syrup has lower noack.
grin.gif

ALS didnt do Gas Chromotography for fuel dilution testing.

I have been using AGAT labs, because they have a drop location that I can leave a sample at anytime. They courier them away with no additional charge to their testing location. I have also sent a couple samples to Fluidlife, & even Blackstone labs

There are AGAT locations out East too.

I think it is about $3.00 for a collection container, & about $25 or $27 to analyze the sample.

I have posted a few on here for my 2018 3.5 EcoBoost, if you want to compare wear metal levels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back