Toyota Extended Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by csandste
Most warranties have a 100 percent mark-up. I'd never buy one.

I usually agree but when I was looking at Caravan's this board recommended that I get one.
21.gif

Originally Posted by supton
Originally Posted by csandste
Most warranties have a 100 percent mark-up. I'd never buy one.

I usually agree but when I was looking at Caravan's this board recommended that I get one.
21.gif

Been twenty five years since I bought a FCA product and it was a Caravan. That might have been one of two cars (the other was a mid eighties Tempo) where an extended warranty MIGHT have paid off. Can't wait to get Renault into that mix.

I bought a Toyota extended warranty. Good for 125000 miles. Bumper to bumper. Free towing No Deductible. They wanted $1600. Talked them down to $1000.
Already paid for itself. Some thing electric goes out I am covered. I noticed the dealership is "no hassle" with a Toyota warranty. I would get it again and I recommend it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by s2krunner
Anyone bought Toyota Extended Warranty? We recently purchased 2019 Sienna, we do drive a lot so its good to have one for us. Manufacturer 3/36k will go out the window in a year and half.

When i was looking for Ford Warranty couple years ago, it was a lot easier to find deals online (factory warranty) But i dont see that in Toyota world.

Let me know if you know any site beside third party...

Btw my dealer wants $1800 for months.

Thank you

Is it AWD Sienna? If it is, by all means get extended warranty considering what POS those 8 speed transmissions are. And I would just in case get one even if it is just FWD.
Who is financing vehicle? If it is credit union you can get Route66 which is pretty good warranty.

Its FWD. I think im pretty set getting an extended warranty since we like to keep it for many years.

I think its really matter if owner drives a lot or not. I can run 50k in 2 years, thats almost 100k miles in 4 years.

Currently talking to other state Toyota dealer. Person gave me really good deal, just trying ti make sure we can also use it on any other states.

Originally Posted by edyvw
Anyone bought Toyota Extended Warranty? We recently purchased 2019 Sienna, we do drive a lot so its good to have one for us. Manufacturer 3/36k will go out the window in a year and half.

When i was looking for Ford Warranty couple years ago, it was a lot easier to find deals online (factory warranty) But i dont see that in Toyota world.

Let me know if you know any site beside third party...

Btw my dealer wants $1800 for months.

Thank you

Is it AWD Sienna? If it is, by all means get extended warranty considering what POS those 8 speed transmissions are. And I would just in case get one even if it is just FWD.
Who is financing vehicle? If it is credit union you can get Route66 which is pretty good warranty.

Its FWD. I think im pretty set getting an extended warranty since we like to keep it for many years.

Also, ask about any extended warranty, at NO CHARGE by Toyota for transmission since that was major clusterf..., mostly on AWD vehicles, but check whether it covers FWD.
Toyota issued TSB recently informing customers that throughout life of a car whining noise and rough shifts should be considered: normal!
Those cars are ridiculously under engineered, and should not give you troubles regarding warranty work. You are basically betting that something will fail on your car.
If Toyota extended warranty on transmission, I would just go with that. But Toyota is trying to cover up this issue since 2017 and if they did not extend warranty for FWD models, than get warranty by all means, and one that for sure will cover any issues, and possibly replacement of transmission. I would not worry about other parts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back