Mopar / MM filter 2AML00339A 5000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, first time posting and wanted to show you all the oil filter I got off my Mom's car (2012 Chrysler 200 2.4l) after changing the oil. I know Mopar filters were Purolators so I was a bit shocked to see how this one was constructed compared to other Puros that have been posted here. Ended up replacing it with a Napa Gold filter and QS 5W-20 High Mileage oil. The thing that threw me for a loop was that the filter had the Fram style cardboard caps but with an E-core style interior. Not sure who made this one
confused2.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Code is 19718 18:17 61950A

Looks like a typical Champ made ecore to me too. Though it's difficult to say definitively by just looking at the pics, the endcaps appear to be the fiber/felt like material used on ecore. Darkened and perhaps thickened by use. Fourth pic down doesn't look like Fram fiber, pleating showing through.

Thanks for c&p.

The baseplate, end caps, leaf spring, nylon core and media are consistent with Champ Labs.

The filter got the job done.

Welcome to BITOG.

Thanks for the cut and post.

...… twin brother of an AC Delco …
Except the equivalent ACDelco PF 48E uses a dome poppet type bypass. Topic filter uses nitrile combo valve.

One on left like topic, right, ACDelco. From this thread.

[Linked Image]

I never took the time to figure out what Magneti Marelli was in the FCA system. From their website it states: "Magneti Marelli Aftermarket N.A. is responsible for the "Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar" All Makes Parts Program. This All Makes program enables Chrysler Group dealerships to service all vehicle makes and models, as well as offer product to independent repair facilities. "

Interesting that this filter is made in the USA. Thanks for posting the show & tell.

https://www.magnetimarelli-aftermarket.us/en/show/248/About

Originally Posted by doitmyself
I never took the time to figure out what Magneti Marelli was in the FCA system. From their website it states: "Magneti Marelli Aftermarket N.A. is responsible for the "Magneti Marelli Offered by Mopar" All Makes Parts Program. This All Makes program enables Chrysler Group dealerships to service all vehicle makes and models, as well as offer product to independent repair facilities. "

Interesting that this filter is made in the USA. Thanks for posting the show & tell.

https://www.magnetimarelli-aftermarket.us/en/show/248/About

Its akin to Motorcraft and Omnicraft.
Omnicraft is for non-Ford family vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back