Sea Foam question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too lazy to look but try and find the MSDS for both products and compare. For some reason I seem to think they stopped showing the real contents of regular Seafoam and started showing "proprietary" or something for some of the contents. Good Luck.

Seafoam engine cleaner spray goes directly into the intake through a tube device. Regular Seafoam is mixed with gas and oil.
Considering the different methods of use, I also would guess that the formulation is different.

Dunno. I don't use it. There are better products out there IMO, like Techron, Berrymans or Gumout. They have PEA which is the best cleaner you can buy and all, I believe, have a UCL. Seafoam last I checked did not.

If you're wanting it for the fancy straw, you could just disconnect the intake hose at the airbox or at the throttle body and have a friend gas the engine while you spray. You'll likely get a check engine light but that should go away once you put everything back together. Otherwise, just dump a bottle into the tank..unless you have GDI, in which case you'll need to introduce via the intake. That'll get your valves, piston tops and injectors cleaned.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Dunno. I don't use it. There are better products out there IMO, like Techron, Berrymans or Gumout. They have PEA which is the best cleaner you can buy

Berrymans does not have PEA.

Originally Posted by Greggy_D
Dunno. I don't use it. There are better products out there IMO, like Techron, Berrymans or Gumout. They have PEA which is the best cleaner you can buy

According to Berrymans MSDS, here's what it DOES* have:

Ethylbenzene 100-41-4 10-15%
Petroleum Distillates 64742-47-8 30-40%
n-Propanol 71-23-8 5-10%
Xylene (mixed isomers) 1330-20-7 40-50%

*Source disclaimer: The information contained in this document is, to the best of Berryman Products, Inc.'s knowledge,
complete and accurate but is not warranted.

Well that's odd... you might wanna call Berrymans and tell them they aren't supposed to have PEA in their products.👇 ...‚

https://www.berrymanproducts.com/question/total-fuel-system-clean-contain-pea/

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Hoot_r

n-Propanol 71-23-8 5-10%

Berrymans makes numerous products, some with very different ingredients. For example, some of their products contain toluene and kerosene and yes, some with PEA. There is no "one" SDS for all their product line.

Last edited:

Well that's odd... you might wanna call Berrymans and tell them they aren't supposed to have PEA in their products.👇 ...‚

https://www.berrymanproducts.com/question/total-fuel-system-clean-contain-pea/

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Hoot_r

n-Propanol 71-23-8 5-10%

Berrymans makes numerous products, some with very different ingredients. For example, some of their products contain toluene and kerosene and yes, some with PEA. There is no "one" SDS for all their product line.

Very true; I should have clarified my reference. The ingredients I listed were for their B-12 fuel additive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back