Is Redline Water Wetter Safe To Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the info everyone I plan on not using Redline Water Wetter in our 2018 Nissan 370Z and am going to use more distilled water than Genuine Nissan 50/50 Blue coolant and hopefully that will help. Also I agree that Redline Water Wetter is more for a track vehicle and adding it with water not coolant I will take the advice here. Also I plan to install a larger Stillen brand 24 row oil cooler to help combat the high motor oil temperatures.

Originally Posted by Nissanfan845
Hi everyone I am currently looking for ways to help my 2018 Nissan 370Z run cooler. It is running between 220-240 degrees here in Florida. I need to know is Redline Water Wetter safe to use with 50/50 Genuine Nissan "Blue" coolant in a 2018 Nissan 370Z?? Is Redline Water Wetter safe for your water pump?? Does Redline Water Wetter have any advise affects and does it work??

When I used to race at STATE CAPITAL DRAGWAY back in the day, I NEVER used a t-stat. I would use a Moroso Water Outlet Restrictor, along with WATER WETTER, to limit the amount of coolant flow leaving the engine to control the amount of heat absorbed by the coolant itself. The WW did drop the coolant temperature by a few degrees (on average 7*-11*). Every little bit helps.
So, yes, IMHO, I think you should use WW.
Also, what is the setting of the E-fans to come on? I can relate to those FL. temperatures. I lived in Tampa, (Seffner) FL. for 25 years (1987-2012).

Originally Posted by Nissanfan845
2018 Nissan 370Z

It is running between 220-240 degrees

Originally Posted by CT8
What is the engine designed to run at?

Originally Posted by Redline
Does not lower cooling system below the thermostatically-controlled temperature

The only reason you are between 220 - 240 is because your cooling system is regulating the temperature at that range. Coolant reaches a certain temperature, and the thermostat opens. Coolant now flows to the radiator, cools off, and returns to engine. The fan will turn on and assist with cooling as needed. As coolant temperature lowers, the thermostat closes again, and the fan turn off.

Is that the optimal, correct, or OEM specified range? What temperature does the thermostat open at? You can install a thermostat which opens at a lower temperature, if that is available for your car. If you are able to access the vehicle's computer system, you may be able to set the cooling fan to turn on at a lower temperature.

There may be nothing wrong at all. Maybe that is the correct temperature for your car.

Pure distilled water is the best coolant available, but does not inhibit corrosion.

RLWW contains corrosion inhibiotrs, but it does NOT play nice with any other coolant chemistry.

A 2018 Nissan 370Z running at operating temperatures of 220-240 F in Florida is perfectly normal. Modern engines like the VQ37VHR in the 370Z run at higher operating temps then back in the day because it's more efficient from a driveability and emissions perspective. Modern engines also have many fail safes like increasing the duty cycle and speed of the e-fan, backing off the engine timing, and going into limp mode (at very high temps) that let them operate safely at higher operating temps than back 25 or 30 years ago.

Running a modern unmodified car with no thermostat is a bad idea, since the engine will struggle to reach operating temperature and as a result will burn more fuel and put more wear on the emissions systems like the pricey catalytic converters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back