Sears is mounting amazon.com tires for $14.77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Last I checked, their price for mounting their own tires is $22.95.

Amazon indicates this is for mounting and balancing, so I'm wondering how Sears will try and squeeze more money out of the customer.

Screenshot from 2019-05-25 17:30:22.png

Well you can't beat that. Now if you can still find a Sears Auto Center.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Interesting. Last I checked, their price for mounting their own tires is $22.95.

Amazon indicates this is for mounting and balancing, so I'm wondering how Sears will try and squeeze more money out of the customer.

Way to turn a screaming deal into a Sears bashing opportunity...
cheers3.gif

Walmart will mount/balance anybody's tires for around the same price. They are easier to find than the 3 Sears auto centers left in the world.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by sloinker
Walmart will mount/balance anybody's tires for around the same price. They are easier to find than the 3 Sears auto centers left in the world.

Wrong
31.gif

Walmart charges $15 to mount tires purchased at Walmart, and $25 for non-WM tires
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by dishdude

Maybe you can take it to the Sears HQ in Hoffman Estates, IL?
If that is still their HQ...moved away from that area over 20 years ago. Had an apartment in Hoffman for a year.

Walmart charged me 15 for the one i took off and took to them. They then charged me 10 for one they took off and put back on. Bought both off Amazon

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted by sloinker

Wrong
31.gif

Walmart charges $15 to mount tires purchased at Walmart, and $25 for non-WM tires
crazy2.gif

Correct.
Best way is to buy the tire directly from Walmart.com. It's usually the same price anyways as Amazon.

Originally Posted by dishdude

I can find one.... they closed last summer...but it's physically still there...

Last edited:
Pep Boys has some kind of low price on mounting other people tires

I think they quoted me $67 if I made an appointment... tires shipped directly to the store

There is a little mom & pop tire place a few blocks away . I use them . The charge around $ 15 to mount a tire .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back