"Usually ships within 1 to 3 months"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the heck? Who's going to wait 1 to 3 months for their struts to ship? Amazon.

RockAuto it is then. It's going to cost me $20 more because of shipping, but at least they're in stock.

Originally Posted by das_peikko
What the heck? Who's going to wait 1 to 3 months for their struts to ship? Amazon.

RockAuto it is then. It's going to cost me $20 more because of shipping, but at least they're in stock.

That's Amazon's way of punishing suppliers that don't keep things in stock, or don't provide quick/reliable shipping time quotes. The few times I've ordered things like that from Amazon, I either got them much sooner, or the order was canceled.

I'm still waiting for oil & filters.

Sometimes sellers will list an item on Amazon, provide no inventory to the Amazon warehouse, and simply wait until you buy the item before they ship it. Only they wait until a few orders have been placed, then they fulfill them all at the same time.

I ordered a couple spindle shields for my lawn mower last August. Jacks Small engine said they were on back order after I'd punched in the order. No big deal I had use of another mower. I got mine sometime towards early Spring. I can't remember when but there was still lots of snow. Maybe it was an exceptional year for rocks , maybe it was just switching sourcing who knows.

Originally Posted by das_peikko

You think Amazon with likely hundred's of thousands of items cares either. They don't. They gave best estimate of when item will come.

Who would wait? My inlaws got a 1-2 month wait for $6/each hatch struts for their Saturn VUE. They could have paid $20/each for 2-5 day ship however their hatch was broken for well over a year.

Last edited:
Or it is literally coming on the slow boat from China. I ordered something from Amazon with an estimated 1-2 month shipping window, which I was fine with for the price and item concerned.

When the item arrived, it was shipped via China Post, and literally took 3 1/2 weeks in transit time from when the tracking was generated to delivery.

I ordered a small banjo for a hydraulic system, figured for the price of $4, it was worth waiting up to 2 months. When the delivery date came and went, then Amazon said, I had to wait another week, then I could claim there was a problem with the order. So after another week, and some emails to seller, I told them I did not want another one sent as I refused to wait another 2 months, so they refunded me, and i completed the project another way. So today 2 months after the failed delivery deadline, guess what shows up, that part, and I think it came from Vietnam, as said on package if undeliverable, return mail to a city in Vietnam. So this was supposedly coming from China but maybe really from Vietnam. They alternative way I fixed it was actually better than my original idea, was able to use the existing banjo with steel tube attached and bend to fit the new fuel filter configuration. It is the banjo fitting that attaches to the Bosch CP3 diesel fuel pump. I added a 2 micron filter right before the high pressure pump.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Three months they can get a homeless person to deliver them cheap.

...‚...‚...‚...‚...‚

Not always Amazon. Try front pads from EBC. Amazon gives shipping date and constantly updates to end up 4 months out...tried multiple places from CA to CT and NY where I am. All have played the same game.

Luckily I plan ahead. Still can't get em and now screw em moved to another pad.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
Not always Amazon. Try front pads from EBC. Amazon gives shipping date and constantly updates to end up 4 months out...tried multiple places from CA to CT and NY where I am. All have played the same game.

Autoanything is the best place to buy EBC. They offer price adjustments upto a year after your purchase. The EBC pads I ordered from autoanything ship directly from the manufacturer.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Three months they can get a homeless person to deliver them cheap.

Not going to happen. They aren't stupid. They know they can make much more tax free, panhandling on the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back