Purolator Classic L20195 @202 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Used for a 20 minute Chemtool B12 engine idle flush. After the flush the oil was drained and refilled with mainly Quaker State Higher Mileage Engine (w/Slick50!) 10w-30. Patient: 1.9 liter DOHC S-series. Drove the vehicle for a week and 202 miles and changed the oil again with Mobil Super HM and MMO and a PSL20195 for another extended drive-around flush.

I put half the B-12 in the oil and half in about 1/4 tank of fuel. Looks like it did some cleaning.

Here are some pics. Later I will slice up the media for a good view of the carbon cleaned out.

20190514_183010.jpg

PUROflushCan.jpg

20195a.jpg

20195b.jpg

20195c.jpg

20195d.jpg

20195e.jpg

20195f.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting cleaning cocktail. Thank-you for the photos .Most cut up filters on here don't seem to contain much. You got your 75 cents worth out of that one.

The flush seems effective. The cellulose in the media has a low tolerance for the B12 solvent. I'm thinking the next filter will look better.

We don't see this often.

It will be interesting to see how much carbon the filter caught.

Thanks for the C&P.

That chemtool is some strong stuff, i'd try to dilute it some in an oil engine flush.
Id be scared about seals leaking afterwards.
Hope it works for you , thanks for the C&P
thumbsup2.gif

Once upon a time Chemtool had instructions on the can for an idle flush. 1.5 ounces for each quart oil.

I failed to mention what oil was in the flush. It was a combination of Mobil Super Synthetic 5w-30, Rislone Engine Treatment, and GUMOUT Expert Series Oil Friction Modifier, ~3k miles

Gumout.png

That QS with Slick 50 premixed was some serious stuff in its day.
I'd run it in an 05 ranger 2.3l for 5k, then in my dads Saturn for 3k, and whatever the Saturn didnt burn went into the lawnmower. This was back in 2008.

Note: the lawnmower still runs, the truck still runs, and the Saturn still running and burning oil to this day. Lol

Also, the ranger took this exact filter. Which was then used on the lawnmower. This filter fits alot of Briggs and Stratton engines, and is like 2x the size and 1/8th of the price of a Briggs filter

Last edited:
Why do folks put used oil and filters in their lawnmowers? Are you that tight on money? Oil and filters are cheap. One less trip to McDonalds this month.

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
That QS with Slick 50 premixed was some serious stuff in its day.
I'd run it in an 05 ranger 2.3l for 5k, then in my dads Saturn for 3k, and whatever the Saturn didnt burn went into the lawnmower. This was back in 2008.

Note: the lawnmower still runs, the truck still runs, and the Saturn still running and burning oil to this day. Lol

Also, the ranger took this exact filter. Which was then used on the lawnmower. This filter fits alot of Briggs and Stratton engines, and is like 2x the size and 1/8th of the price of a Briggs filter

+1 Also one of my favourite oils of all time. I Wouldnt have wasted it on a quick drain. Good for the snow blower too.

Originally Posted by MrQuackers
Used for a 20 minute Chemtool B12 engine idle flush. After the flush the oil was drained and refilled with mainly Quaker State Higher Mileage Engine (w/Slick50!) 10w-30. Patient: 1.9 liter DOHC S-series.

I read this while eating my breakfast and for a moment thought that sentence read, "refilled with manly Quaker State."

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Why do folks put used oil and filters in their lawnmowers? Are you that tight on money? Oil and filters are cheap. One less trip to McDonalds this month.

They use the same philosophy when it comes to their vehicle engine oil filters. They use them for multiple OCI's.
coffee2.gif

The filter definitely trapped some bits of carbon. Has your oil consumption decreased because of the flush?

Nice work here.
Thanks for the C&P.

Too early to tell. Also I have a high concentration of Marvel Mystery Oil 3000 mixed with the Mobil Super High Mileage. It will be quite a while to gauge results. Runs darn good for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back