Bro Truck Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
4 x 4 with too much positive offset on the after market (always blacked out) rims so that the wheels exceed outer limit of the fenders. Crew cab, newer model domestic USA brand, usually a 5' bed box on average.

I'm sorry, but to me these are rather useless except for 1. manhood extension, and 2. towing something on a regular basis. I think #2 is subordinate to #1 in most cases.

My opinion: the problem is not the trucks themselves but the driving behavior and attitudes that come with the bro truck... behavior full of entitlement and lack of respect/consideration for others. What kind of person blasts down a quiet residential street at 3am? Oh right... insecure young men, desperate for attention, trying to feel good about themselves. And the longer they get away with it, the more it becomes part of who they are. This is sad for everyone, not just for them.
And I wish they would actually use their trucks for something, they are capable of so much more than beer runs.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by ls1mike
It is called the "Carolina Squat"

Thanks Mike. Wish I could un-see that.

This is what I think when I see those trucks.

4D1F0732-D695-49A7-AA2E-EB2A9DDE4D5B.jpeg

Originally Posted by MNgopher
Sure is a lot of stereotyping and worrying about what others drive in this thread. Some of the folks who drive the vehicles that are being disparaged in this thread are actually some of the nicest people you may meet - and quite honestly, pretty handy and helpful when it comes to working on cars. ...

I have a couple of clients with bro dozers.

One is the type of guy that doesn't really look out of place in a bro dozer, the other is the intellectual, man bun, type of guy, that does seem ( to me ) a bit out of place in one. Both are great guys, hard working, honest, small business owners, I have a lot of respect for - don't want to sound like I am disparaging either one, it's not my intention.

I had a client who came here from New Zealand, a Maori (sp?) I think, also a great guy, and he wound up with a bro dozer. Unfortunately, he also wound up with a stripper who was a lot of trouble, and stripped him of his money so thoroughly he barely had enough left to put his bro dozer in a container for the trip back to NZ.

So, I dunno, could be anybody in that bro mobile ... but not me. I don't care much for them, personally.

[Linked Image]

Must be a South Carolina thing...North Carolina has rules and inspections.

These squat trucks seem to push it from kind of dumb looking to inherently dangerous. The trucks look broken because essentially they are. Visibility has to be terrible at the least, and I wonder how braking/handling is impacted. Not to mention the stress on suspension components. Funny thing is it seems like they are going for a desert race truck look, but I'm pretty sure if you jumped a squat truck there would be some major suspension destruction.

I'm sorry, but there does come a point where a vehicle doesn't belong on public roadways. I think the extreme squat trucks (not just a little rake) cross that line.

Originally Posted by KGMtech
Only thing that bothers me about this breed of owner is that some neglect brake maintenance, the huge rims are generating far more kinetic energy relative to the OEM equipment - this puts innocent others at greater risk.

This is my concern along with their insistence of passing 8 cars at a time on a two lane highway towing. There are 4 bottlenecks on that road before the border so it does no good passing because time can not be made up. Well dummies still try and have killed more people then I want to recall in the last 90 days.

Originally Posted by AuthorEditor
The worst is young ladies texting while driving.

Nope. The absolute worst are contractors. The contractors have three or four guys jammed onto the bench seat, they're all eating Big Macs, texting on their phones, and the driver can barely peer over the pile of bills and trash stacked up on the dashboard. They are always driving over the limit on nearly bald tires, with ladders on the top held on with a couple of shock cords and trash flying out of the back. I have been nearly killed a few times by trucks like that.

No the worst is the driver watching a movie on his phone holding it with two hands while steering with his arms through the steering wheel.

LOL. You are welcome...I think. LOL. Sorry you had to see it. I really dislike the Carolina Squat. None of my business but I think it probably takes away from the functionality of the truck.

Originally Posted by Skippy722

This is what I think when I see those trucks.

lol.gif

They are a big problem around here, The thing about them I hate most is most of them are driven in a completely reckless manner, almost all of the time. The people that tend to drive them tend to have anger issues or something as they drive in a very aggressive dangerous manner. I call them enraged rednecks.

Many of these folks around here really cant afford the as they typically ask more than they are worth, and they do mention what is owed on them.

I am just a mere working man not privy to generational wealth or the like, I could not afford to drive one, nor would I want to. I suppose I can "afford" one but I chose to live in a nice house, on a nice piece of property, and save for retirement and my daughters schooling.

Alot of the Bro Trucks here in my part of Indiana are parked outside barely habitable shacks or trailers, not all, but many. I suppose they could be saving a lot and have a substantial bank account by not replacing their roof for years instead just putting up a new brown plastic tarp every year or two, however i doubt it....

One day I seen one of these enraged types trying to buy diesel for his manhood ext.... I mean Brotruck. He went thru several credit cards, none of which was accepted and started arguing with his lady about which one was supposed to have enough on it to buy fuel. I left before they worked it out but there was alot of yelling and cussing...

The Bro Truck thing never really caught on here in a big way thankfully. There arn't many cheap fullsize trucks around because of rust and the laws on them are kinda strict. The max suspension lift allowed is 4" and your headlights can't be higher then 54" (on center) from the road. Get a fix-it ticket and you have to go the DMV inspection garage where they put your car on a lift and rip it apart looking for non-DOT approved modifications.

I have never seen one of those squatting trucks. Thats a new one to me lol.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl

[Linked Image]

Must be a South Carolina thing...North Carolina has rules and inspections.

These squat trucks seem to push it from kind of dumb looking to inherently dangerous. The trucks look broken because essentially they are. Visibility has to be terrible at the least, and I wonder how braking/handling is impacted. Not to mention the stress on suspension components. Funny thing is it seems like they are going for a desert race truck look, but I'm pretty sure if you jumped a squat truck there would be some major suspension destruction.

I'm sorry, but there does come a point where a vehicle doesn't belong on public roadways. I think the extreme squat trucks (not just a little rake) cross that line.

Perhaps it's time to require any vehicle with altered suspension geometry be signed off on by an engineer before permitting it on public roads.

Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
What's up with the really stupid-looking lowered rears/ jacked up fronts? I see trucks like that and I want to barf.

That is the California desert prerunner look.

Like this? We call it tuna boat'n. Usually the driver is wearing a flat bill trucker hat tucked over his ears. It's just their thing.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

How would you drive something like that at night? The front end is pointed up at such an angle the headlights would be useless!

That squat junk shouldn't be on the road period. The headlights will blind everyone else and I can't imagine the steering is not compromised. Visibility forward is reduced.

Spend all that money on a pickup and then making it useless and dangerous doesn't sound very smart.

Originally Posted by PimTac
That squat junk shouldn't be on the road period. The headlights will blind everyone else and I can't imagine the steering is not compromised. Visibility forward is reduced.

Spend all that money on a pickup and then making it useless and dangerous doesn't sound very smart.

I generally don't care what others do to their vehicles, unless its a safety issue for everyone else. This clearly is. In this case i totally agree with you.

From the headlight aim, and that it probably can't stop worth spit. The bumper is going to hit high in a side impact, really high. If the driver rear ends someone at speed, the truck could end up on top of them.

If they hurt anyone in my family, they will see a lawsuit and have the truck impounded. It has to be a safety issue since the bumpers do not line up properly. Around here, they are just jacked up.

Rants have a lifespan after which it just becomes bickering.

As enough have noted, regarding posters, that decided to add race to the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back