Steak Sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good steaks(from Costco, the local butcher or Whole Wallet) I eschew A1. Now, if I'm at Outback/Sizzler or not at a nice steakhouse, then yes I'll use A1.

However, I do recall eating a really nice ribeye at a Argentine steakhouse in Chicago with a chimichurri sauce - that immensely kicked it up.

Originally Posted by c502cid
If you want the ultimate in A1, get the sweet chili garlic A1. OMFG. Not available everywhere though.

Thanks, I will BOLO!!!!

Originally Posted by BigD1
The Walmart Great Value copycat of Heinz 57 is bad, so save your money!

I have been severely disappointed with nearly everything Great (read: "least value") branded the last few years.... they have all been REALLY bad quality!!

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by BigD1
The Walmart Great Value copycat of Heinz 57 is bad, so save your money!

I have been severely disappointed with nearly everything Great (read: "least value") branded the last few years.... they have all been REALLY bad quality!!

Agree strongly. The great value products are rarely good. Lucky we have HEB down here and every store brand product is excellent.

I've never been one to put any kind of sauce on a steak. A good steak needs nothing but salt and pepper. That being said, whenever I go to Texas Roadhouse, I do end up using some of their custom steak sauce...its darn good.

Originally Posted by DriveHard
I've never been one to put any kind of sauce on a steak. A good steak needs nothing but salt and pepper. That being said, whenever I go to Texas Roadhouse, I do end up using some of their custom steak sauce...its darn good.

Nothing on my 16oz Fort Worth ribeye, Texas Roadhouse steaks are some of the best, baked potatoe and a cold glass of Modelo beer.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Malo83

Nothing on my 16oz Fort Worth ribeye, Texas Roadhouse steaks are some of the best, baked potatoe and a cold glass of Modelo beer.
thumbsup2.gif

Roadhouse is a good steak for the money. Boss took us to a "proper steak house" … within two weeks I had just as good there and almost as good from Saltgrass …
We were probably a mile from a better "proper" steak place but he grabbed the check …

I've never been one to put any kind of sauce on a steak. A good steak needs nothing but salt and pepper.

I agree. The odd time, I use some Keg sauce or whatever, just for a change, but I prefer to contaminate my steak as little as possible. Ironically, I've never seen the Keg sauce at a Keg restaurant but only at Sobey's grocer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back