VW Castrol Professional 5w40....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My preference for VW 502.00 oils has always been Castrol 0w40. Having said that, our Jetta was at the dealership yesterday to get some things checked out, and I went ahead and had the 60K mile service done (even though we are only at 47K) since our service plan expires next month. Anyway, they use Castrol Professional 5w40. Is it worth changing back to Castrol 0w40 or should I just leave it in?

I use it for my 2017 VW All Track at every oil change. Very happy with the oil. Keep using it as it is what VW recommends.

Why Change it? It could be better.

DO you fele anything behind the wheel that makes you say this? Give the oil some time to settle in and do some cleanup.

The dealer put the same stuff in my Passat two days ago. If I was going to go out and buy oil would that be my choice? No. But the differences between it and something else are minuscule, no reason to mess with it.

I personally would not run it 10k. There are numerous better oils, including Castrol 0W40.
I stay away from that since I used it in Passat 1.8T B5.5, at 4k valve lifters start to get loud. Never with other oils, just that Castrol.

I will keep an "ear" on it then. There is a recent UOA on here of it in a VW Golf for 10k it still had a TBN of 3.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back