Hard to get these wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Seen on a Falken tire on a 2019 Rogue. IMO it could be a bit less obvious.
[Linked Image]

Did it say inside on the inside? If you had the outside on the inside and there was no inside how would you know that the inside was on the outside?

Originally Posted by gregk24
What am I missing?

Have you ever seen tires labelled outside/inside so they're installed properly? I never have and I've had lots of cars and tires.

I didn't crawl under to see if they say inside....

Maybe they're not to be used indoors?

Originally Posted by AZjeff

Has it cone to this?!?
"The writing on my sidewall is too big?!?"

Ugh...

Originally Posted by Imp4

Has it cone to this?!?

Ugh...

Installers mount them wrong all the time, Even though there is a 50/50 chance......I had some Goodyear Assurance Asymmetrical's on the wifes Corolla & they mounted all 4 backwards!!!

Originally Posted by gregk24
What am I missing?

Have you ever seen tires labelled outside/inside so they're installed properly? I never have and I've had lots of cars and tires.

I didn't crawl under to see if they say inside....

Maybe they're not to be used indoors?

Yes, on most tires I've seen.

Originally Posted by Dinoburner
So, what about right side vs left?

Some directional tires DO have a right and left marking on the sidewall. Asymmetric tires have the inside / outside marking.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bruckus
Did it say inside on the inside? If you had the outside on the inside and there was no inside how would you know that the inside was on the outside?

Is this like the piping specification which requires that the inside diameter of the pipe be smaller than the outside, otherwise the hole would be outside the pipe instead of inside?

Originally Posted by K20FA5
Sidewalls just seem to be getting uglier and uglier. Giant fonts don't help either.

Well I think they got better when they got rid of whitewall tires.

Has it cone to this?!?

Ugh...

After I get them on the rims the only time it ever gets looked at again is when the air is checked or by by the local dogs taking a whiz on them.

Pretty common.

When I had my Pirellis on my VW they were clearly labeled like that and Discount Tire put one on backwards. I noticed it a couple days later. They fixed it, no big deal.

Yes, asymmetrical tires are common today and you wouldn't believe how many installers get it wrong even when the customer informs them ahead of time.

Personal experience here with Pirelli P7 Cinturato All-Season PLUS(labeled Outside) and G/Y Assurance Comfort Tread Touring(labeled Outside). Even though the G/Y ACTT have the same tread pattern across the tire, it's that one sidewall is stiffer than the other. I guess that G/Y chose to only put one stiffer sidewall on the Touring as to give the driver that little bit extra in the corners without making the whole tire too harsh?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Trav

Has it cone to this?!?

Ugh...

After I get them on the rims the only time it ever gets looked at again is when the air is checked or by by the local dogs taking a whiz on them.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back