What filter are the 2AZ-FE owners using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again. To all the 2AZ-FE Toyota engine owners here; what oil filter do you run? I have run a MC FL 400S, a FRAM 3614 and currently a TG 4967( have last one of those on my Camry at the moment. Haven't run a TG 8316 yet
wink.gif

Have 2 more Carquest Blue 84145's, then a few D+ D3422, then 2 TG3600, one TG4967, and finally a M1-103 (although the last 2 may be used on my mother in laws Tracker).

It had Toyota for the first 20,000 miles ("free" Toyota car changes), a Wix and 2 CQ blue.

I actually found myself looking at the ST8 at Walmart yesterday thinking, hmm, that would fit...

I have been using XG4386 every other oil change (total of 12k miles). Not sure if that is a smart thing to do but the filter is rated for either 15k or 20k miles.

I am becoming a fan of the premium guard (standard)
And the premium guard EX (long life high efficiency)

The quality has been much more consistent and nicer than purolator-made stuff i have seen.
I am sorry to say i was a fan...till I had to toss 4 purolator filters For excessively wide pleat spacing or closed louvers.

The numbers, while not class leading...are comparable and quite the deal considering u can have the EX for less than $5. The standard for less than $2.
The gaskets on mine came pre-lubed and covered. Ready to just open, spin, and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back