Havoline 6qt box

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first issue can happen... It does seem to want to spill a bit when you first tip it over.. However it stops very shortly after tipping it over. Though this is a bit surprising and a bit annoying. Though when one uses a Ray Charles funnel this is not a problem.

Second issue... Just pop the side seal first and put/use that has a handle from the get go... simple answer to keep any issues from that...

Third issue is really a non issue.. in my opinion. That bag is inside that box. The oil contained is not going anywhere. If one has something sharp enough to cut the box then it may well be stored in the wrong area possibly.

Fourth issue... It certainly does not measure until the last 2 bottom qts... If one needs a single qt... Easy answer is to just buy a single qt container... And use a funnel to put it into.. problem solved fairly easily.

And this a 6 qt box not a 8. Not trying to give you a hard time here... Just clarifying the size of the box.

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
Quick update review on this 8 box : well after 8 box of this stuff . I kinda don't like it . Not the oil . But the box . I think I spill more oil and making a mess more then the jug.

For example . When you try fill the oil filter . It's not easy and it will spill even with the small funnel

Second : when you try break the seal on the side , to put your hand on for grap . If you already open the cap and you stick your hand on the side to fast , where your kinda kinda hit the bag . Oil will spill to the top .

Third : i don't feel comfortable storage left over oil on that plastic bag . So I pour left over oil onto another old ( clean ) jug and storage that way .

#4 : hard to see a quart mark on a box . It should be label on the top also . Not just bottom . I need a quart of oil to measure that , I have to pour it onto another gallon to measure .

I'm thinking going back to gallon jug for my next oil change . I'm making mess with this box type .

For cheap oil . I think the Quaker state made better oil the next halvoline .

98 cents at Walmart gets you a Tea/Koolaid pitcher with quart markings. Pour the oil into that from the box, then you know your measurement and it's easier to pour

I mean I bought total of 8x (6qt ) box . After using of 8 box . I found few similar issue . That just my opinion and review.

Originally Posted by bbhero
The first issue can happen... It does seem to want to spill a bit when you first tip it over.. However it stops very shortly after tipping it over. Though this is a bit surprising and a bit annoying. Though when one uses a Ray Charles funnel this is not a problem.

Second issue... Just pop the side seal first and put/use that has a handle from the get go... simple answer to keep any issues from that...

Third issue is really a non issue.. in my opinion. That bag is inside that box. The oil contained is not going anywhere. If one has something sharp enough to cut the box then it may well be stored in the wrong area possibly.

Fourth issue... It certainly does not measure until the last 2 bottom qts... If one needs a single qt... Easy answer is to just buy a single qt container... And use a funnel to put it into.. problem solved fairly easily.

And this a 6 qt box not a 8. Not trying to give you a hard time here... Just clarifying the size of the box.

Originally Posted by bbhero

Just the box need some quality of life update. I'm not a fan of using ice pitcher for easy pour or measuring . It shouldn't need .

Yeah ten-4...

I think they should use a top similar to the one on the new Valvoline containers.. The EZ pour spout. That would be a very good thing to do... It would eliminate problem number 1.

Just the box need some quality of life update. I'm not a fan of using ice pitcher for easy pour or measuring . It shouldn't need .

Why buy a 5 quart container of oil, use that oil up, then keep the container for transfer? Could use single quart bottles too. Lots of transfer though, so perhaps the higher cost of purchasing other oil is justified by a savings on your time and effort.

Did check with my transfer station, they were fine with me using these containers for waste oil. Forgot to ask what they do with the containers afterwards, decent chance they get tossed (it's dirty plastic), so this type would have less plastic going into the trash.

Originally Posted by supton
Why *not* buy a 5 quart container of oil, use that oil up, then keep the container for transfer?

Timed out on the edit.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
I'm hoping they never get rid of the 5 quart jugs...

Me too.

*Best part of the oil change : Watching that fresh , new oil being poured into the funnel - it doesn't get any better than that !!
Back to walmart this morning, to buy the 6 qt halvoline full syn for my 03 Cobra whipple supercharger , with Motorcraft FL820S , start up all quiet, i am very happy with this 6qt oil , since I put just about 100 miles a years, this will be my 1 years oil change. Until other came up with 6qt box, i am continue using this oil for everything I own.

I just nabbed 2 5qt Synthetic boxes. Gotta love having 5 $75 gift cards from wal mart
smile.gif

Don't know if you guys are aware but Chevron has a $5 rebate good on 5qt jugs or larger, yes that includes the 6qt box. The offer is good until July 5th, 2019.

You can get a max of $15 back, so I purchased 3 of the 5qt HiMi SB from Amazon. The price from Amazon was EXACTLY the same as Wally's and with the $5 back on each jug it was an awesome deal on a good oil. I have no qualms using Chevron products. The nice thing too is you can file your rebate online. I got my $15 rebate check about 3wks after I filed. (you have to upload a copy of the receipt)

The rebate covers ProDs, HiMi, Delo and Conventional of Havoline.

Here's the link to the rebate page on Chevron's site.

https://chevronpromotions.com/Promotion

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Don't know if you guys are aware but Chevron has a $5 rebate good on 5qt jugs or larger, yes that includes the 6qt box. The offer is good until July 5th, 2019.

You can get a max of $15 back, so I purchased 3 of the 5qt HiMi SB from Amazon. The price from Amazon was EXACTLY the same as Wally's and with the $5 back on each jug it was an awesome deal on a good oil. I have no qualms using Chevron products. The nice thing too is you can file your rebate online. I got my $15 rebate check about 3wks after I filed. (you have to upload a copy of the receipt)

The rebate covers ProDs, HiMi, Delo and Conventional of Havoline.

Here's the link to the rebate page on Chevron's site.

https://chevronpromotions.com/Promotion

Rebate is not eligible for Walmart. 6 quart box is only sold at Walmart.

1 quart bottle could be eliminated. Use those lined paper boxes like chicken stock. Bag in the box, or just a lined box, should replace all of those jugs.

5 quart size is not relevant to every consumer. Some only need 4 quarts. Some need 6 or 7. Good to finally see a 6 quart package. It shows that at least there's acknowledgement that 5 quarts of oil is not applicable to all.

Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
1 quart bottle could be eliminated. Use those lined paper boxes like chicken stock. Bag in the box, or just a lined box, should replace all of those jugs.

5 quart size is not relevant to every consumer. Some only need 4 quarts. Some need 6 or 7. Good to finally see a 6 quart package. It shows that at least there's acknowledgement that 5 quarts of oil is not applicable to all.

Yeah we use the CASTROL Professional 0w20 and Service Pro 0w40 in 6Gallon boxes at work. Very nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back