Which 5w30 for gen lll Coyote 5.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
No formal testing no side by side teardown with measurements. It's snake oil.

Snake oil that seems to work for most guys that have a ticking Coyote ... and no reports of any ill effects. LiquiMoly wouldn't be in business if their products damaged engines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHe4k-5yKo

Exactly keep making my point everything you provided on this topic is not verifiable and no harm means nothing along with testimonials.

It works ... no damage or other negative affects reported ... period. Hundreds of Mustang guys use it, and those that use it don't care what naysayers have to say about it. How many Mustang forums do you belong to? You're not up to speed on the whole Coyote ticking issue and what's been going on for years. Ford field engineers recommended the Motorcraft XL-17 oil additive tor the ticking, and it also worked in most cases.

No formal testing no side by side teardown with measurements. It's snake oil.

Snake oil that seems to work for most guys that have a ticking Coyote ... and no reports of any ill effects. LiquiMoly wouldn't be in business if their products damaged engines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHe4k-5yKo

Exactly keep making my point everything you provided on this topic is not verifiable and no harm means nothing along with testimonials.

It works ... no damage or other negative affects reported ... period. Hundreds of Mustang guys use it. You're not up to speed on the whole Coyote ticking issue and what's been going on for years. Ford field engineers recommended the Motorcraft XL-17 oil additive tor the ticking, and it also worked in most cases.

You keep saying the same nonsense no harm. Wow why not just take a $20 bill and burn it in your front yard? It doesn't cause harm and doing this provides just as much evidence of silencing "tick" as your beloved snake oil.

You keep saying the same nonsense no harm. Wow why not just take a $20 bill and burn it in your front yard? It doesn't cause harm and doing this provides just as much evidence of silencing "tick" as your beloved snake oil.

How many Mustang forums are you on? You own a Mustang with the 5.0L Coyote? How much research have you done on the typewriter tick about what's been working and not working for owners? Just because you don't think it should be used doesn't mean everyone else should think the same way. You won't change anybody's mind about using an additive or not, especially when it's shown to work and not cause any harm. People will do what they want with their cars, and nobody crying about the unknown effects (without any evidence of the claim it's bad for the engine) will change the minds of people who what to cure the ticking.

How many Mustang forums are you on? You own a Mustang with the 5.0L Coyote? How much research have you done on the typewriter tick about what's been working and not working for owners? Just because you don't think it should be used doesn't mean everyone else should think the same way. You won't change anybody's mind about using an additive or not.

And you still can't provide evidence additives added to current spec motor oil does anything but lighten wallets. It not my place to convince anyone not to use snake oil. When you make statements using snake oil is a good advice its up to you to prove it's good advice and testimonials and YouTube videos does not cut it because both have been proven unreliable.

How many Mustang forums are you on? You own a Mustang with the 5.0L Coyote? How much research have you done on the typewriter tick about what's been working and not working for owners? Just because you don't think it should be used doesn't mean everyone else should think the same way. You won't change anybody's mind about using an additive or not.

And you still can't provide evidence additives added to current spec motor oil does anything but lighten wallets. It not my place to convince anyone not to use snake oil. When you make statements using snake oil is a good advice its up to you to prove it's good advice and testimonials and YouTube videos does not cut it because both have been proven unreliable.

Yeah, all YouTube videos are fake, and everyone who says it works on the ticking is a shill for LiquiMoly.
lol.gif
Why are you even arguing about this? I simply said many Mustang guys use it, that it works to stop the ticking and there have been no reported ill effects. If you don't believe what the Mustang guys say then go prove they are all full of crap and lying about what they experience - and stop arguing about it here. You just seem to want to just argue about stuff you don't have a clue about in what goes on in the Mustang community.

Yeah, all YouTube videos are fake, and everyone who says it works on the ticking is a shill for LiquiMoly.
lol.gif
Why are you even arguing about this? I simply said many Mustang guys use it, that it works to stop the ticking and there have been no reported ill effects. If you don't believe what the Mustang guys say then go prove they are all full of crap and lying about what they experience - and stop arguing about it here. You just seem to want to just argue about stuff you don't have a clue about in what goes on in the Mustang community.

Exactly my thoughts as well! ðŸ‘

How about Havoline ProDs. It comes in both 5w30 and more important 5w20 which is what is owners manual. I wouldn't add anything if under warranty. It also meets some very tough specs. and is 19.95 at Walmart for 6 quart box.

Well both of you don't understand testimonials are the least reliable evidence and amount to bunch of nothing. Must be a byproduct of your respective environments.

Well both of you don't understand testimonials are the least reliable evidence and amount to bunch of nothing. Must be a byproduct of your respective environments.

My environment at the moment is being surrounded by a bunch of mustang guys with coyote powered mustangs enjoying beverages at the dragstrip camping out for labor day weekend ...

Some truth to what you are saying for sure...

However... Also truth to what other people's senses are picking up on has well...

We use our 5 senses in this world every single day... Our ears can be wrong... But also can be totally right...

One time when I left home... No one knew where I was... Anyhow... I made a campfire on the top of a mountain in Southwest Virginia... Got a stick and made some good hotdogs over the fire... Ate 3 of them... It was getting dark out.. Early May time of year. I heard something in the woods a good distance from my location. I stayed there awhile... At first I thought it was maybe a deer... Then as the noise got closer I noticed it sounded like a heavy footed animal... A black bear I fast figured out. I was right next to my car thank goodness.. jumped in my car and hauled rear end out of there. I guess black bears like the smell of campfire hot dogs
lol.gif

Interesting note.... Later when I got home I looked at my detailed topographic map .. the place I was near was a clearing/camping area farther on top that ridge top called Beartree... Needless to say it was accurately named
lol.gif

Last edited:

Why are you even arguing about this?

Because he belongs to a group of old school BITOGers that simply wont adapt to new information regardless how much info or evidence is on the other side. THEY have a position and they guard it like it was their virgin's daughters innocence. I'm not sure more what someone can do then supply many long term uoa's, video's before and after, and multiple mutiple different guys experience with different formulas that do alleviate tick. I'm not even sure if they had an engine that ticked and they "cured" it with the extra lubrication these formulas do seam to provide in the situations of ticking engines, that they would even awkowledge it. The science says it works, that is why they make these formulas in the first place. Only this place has been dumbed down so much, they forgot the science that made BITOG famous in the first place. Before BITOG I promise you nobody knew about grouping of oil bases or viewed the science behind additives. Now, this group basically says all of that info is hog wash. Nah, the group is hogwash, reform gentlemen or risk being irrelevant. Don't be so suprised the science of lubrication is the only salvation in many of these cases as the dealers wont help and you trusted them and now you have a ticking engine that has lost value, good luck trying to sell a ticking engine, the dealer only cares when it blows, and then they will dog you anyhow. The only other answer which is liely the best answer if figure out what is happening on a mechinecal level and fix it, but let's be honest not a lot of guys feel comfortable tearing down a modern engine. Once again, no downside to following the science and try things that science says can effect the extra frictional forces that take place in these spots of mechainical tick.

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge

My environment at the moment is being surrounded by a bunch of mustang guys with coyote powered mustangs enjoying beverages at the dragstrip camping out for labor day weekend ...

Wow thank you for providing additional facts you have no idea what you attempting to speak about. You don't even know the time of the year.

Originally Posted by burla

Why are you even arguing about this?

Because he belongs to a group of old school BITOGers that simply wont adapt to new information regardless how much info or evidence is on the other side. THEY have a position and they guard it like it was their virgin's daughters innocence. I'm not sure more what someone can do then supply many long term uoa's, video's before and after, and multiple mutiple different guys experience with different formulas that do alleviate tick. I'm not even sure if they had an engine that ticked and they "cured" it with the extra lubrication these formulas do seam to provide in the situations of ticking engines, that they would even awkowledge it. The science says it works, that is why they make these formulas in the first place. Only this place has been dumbed down so much, they forgot the science that made BITOG famous in the first place. Before BITOG I promise you nobody knew about grouping of oil bases or viewed the science behind additives. Now, this group basically says all of that info is hog wash. Nah, the group is hogwash, reform gentlemen or risk being irrelevant. Don't be so suprised the science of lubrication is the only salvation in many of these cases as the dealers wont help and you trusted them and now you have a ticking engine that has lost value, good luck trying to sell a ticking engine, the dealer only cares when it blows, and then they will dog you anyhow. The only other answer which is liely the best answer if figure out what is happening on a mechinecal level and fix it, but let's be honest not a lot of guys feel comfortable tearing down a modern engine. Once again, no downside to following the science and try things that science says can effect the extra frictional forces that take place in these spots of mechainical tick.

You write a lot about nothing. There simply is no facts to support your theory and you are unable understand this. It's not "Old School" about needing facts to prove something true it's called common sense.

crazy.gif
... you can go argue with yourself.
grin2.gif

Why you are unable to provide a simple fact? When this happens its not an argument.

As far as I'm concerned, several owners hearing the noise and the noise disappearing after adding an additive has a lot more weight than you continuing to shout "snake oil!"

Let me ask you this: what would you consider acceptable proof? Anything reasonable?

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
As far as I'm concerned, several owners hearing the noise and the noise disappearing after adding an additive has a lot more weight than you continuing to shout "snake oil!"

Let me ask you this: what would you consider acceptable proof? Anything reasonable?[/quote
rooflessVW said:

Let me ask you this: what would you consider acceptable proof? Anything reasonable?

Testimonials are not proof. It's that simple and 50 cent bottle of additives to make including the bottle does not solve a thing other then lighten wallets. Everyone advocating the useage should state I believed it helps.

crazy.gif
grin2.gif

Why you are unable to provide a simple fact? When this happens its not an argument.

The simple fact, regardless if you can believe it or not, is that many guys report that the typewriter tick is cured with an anti-friction additive like Ceratec or the Motorcraft XL-17 that Ford sold. How much do you really know about engines? Why would you think the ticking would nearly instantaneously disappear with less friction between parts. What extra proof do you need that it actually works besides many owners who have used it and said it works - that IS a testimonial (look up the definition of the word). You either still hear the ticking or you don't when you change a variable like oil formulation. Have you been reading and researching the Coyote typewriter tick for years like some guys here have? You live in a hole and try to straw man argue about something you have no background knowledge about.

crazy.gif
grin2.gif

The simple fact, regardless if you can believe it or not, is that many guys report that the typewriter tick is cured with an anti-friction additive like Ceratec or the Motorcraft XL-17 that Ford sold. How much do you really know about engines? Why would you think the ticking would nearly instantaneously disappear with less friction between parts. What extra proof do you need that it actually works besides many owners who have used it and said it works - that IS a testimonial (look up the definition of the word). You either still hear the ticking or you don't when you change a variable like oil formulation. Have you been reading and researching the Coyote typewriter tick for years like some guys here have? You live in a hole and try to straw man argue about something you have no background knowledge about.

There is no extra proof. You continue to post testimonials not proof why can't you understand this. Also when you add to motor oils at best you do nothing not increase it's friction modification properties. You have been here and you don't know this? What have you been doing other than posting over 20K posts of fluff? When you make statements like your above post it shows you don't have a quarter of understanding and knowledge you claim to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back