Castrol Nexcel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got any of their own personal recipes to make motor oil?https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/castrol-nexcel-fresh-engine-oil-batteries-gum-christmas-tree/

I saw this today. Its gotta be better than Valvoline Nexgen Oil. I like the Castrol Magnatec line of oils/transmax cvt. Btw 5.99 qt Castrol Syntec at Home Depot and Valvoline Maxlife for 3.50 a qt.

they don't go into much(any)detail as to how they did this, but did give the ingredient list..part of which i had to do a double take on..
"To create a single liter of oil, Nexcel used 180 pieces of chewing gum, half a liter of used fryer oil, one gram of silicone sealant, 14 batteries, one liter of used engine oil and -- my favorite part -- one old Christmas tree."

so,in a little more digestible format-
To make 1liter of oil, they used:
180 pieces of gum
1/2 liter of used fryer oil
1 gram Silicone Sealant
14 Batteries
1 liter of Used Engine oil
1 Christmas tree.

so, to make a liter of oil...you start with a liter of oil...then throw a bunch of stuff in it...

I know it's way more complicated than that, and yes, it makes sense, just struck me as odd...

Originally Posted by earlyre
they don't go into much(any)detail as to how they did this, but did give the ingredient list..part of which i had to do a double take on..
"To create a single liter of oil,..............

so, to make a liter of oil...you start with a liter of oil...then throw a bunch of stuff in it...
I know it's way more complicated than that, and yes, it makes sense, just struck me as odd...

I saw that, too.

What do they do with all the hazardous waste left over after making one liter of engine oil?

Originally Posted by Linctex
What do they do with all the hazardous waste left over after making one liter of engine oil?

Most likely, they buy ingredients that were made from these left over, so the vendors use the left over for something else.

Reminds me of the old "I hate this oil and will never buy it...since I didnt buy it walmarts discontinuing it for 5$ a jug.....I LOVE THIS OIL TOO BAD THEYRE GETTING RID OF IT!"

ahh the G Oil days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back