Raptor liner/1995 Tahoe/Before & After

Status
Not open for further replies.
1995 Chevy Tahoe 4WD. It looked pretty rough when I got it. Mechanically great though. So I spend 2 days sanding it and 1 hour spraying it with U-Pol Raptor Bedliner. All in it costed me $250, prep materials and paint.
Did everything in my backyard, very pleased with the result. Already getting tons of compliments. So if you got an old beater and debating if you should bedline it - go for it.
Just make sure to go with a good Bedliner like Raptor or Line-X. Harbor freight sells bedliner too, but from what I've seen - it fades in less than a year. Not an issue with Raptor or Line-X as far as I know. I went with Raptor because it's cheaper than Line-X. Raptor sends you a spray gun with the kit. Just need an air compressor. And lots of patience for the prep portion.

[Linked Image]

I got that exact 21 gal, 2.5hp compressor. I had the exit pressure set to 60psi on the compressor, and on the gun I set the gauge at 45psi. Raptor recommends 40-60 psi. 40psi is more textured than 60psi, so I went with that.

[Linked Image]

And I went in sections. Roof first, and then 1-2 panels at a time. Took about an hour. The whole time compressor kept up no problem. It took longer swapping the bottles on the gun than actually painting. You will need a second person to shake the new bottles after they're mixed with the hardner.
If I had to do it again I would just do it like a normal paint job - single pass front-back-front-back until fully covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back