2016 Civic 2.0 CVT | 7500 miles | Long Idles 4k miles/month

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in sales and my car is my office. I drive A LOT and idle around 2hrs per day, I also start my car probably 20+ times per day. This is my first UOA, trying to find the right oil for my strange driving behaviors. This just under 7,500 miles. Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20, M1 filter.

16 Civic 2.0 CVT UOA 1

Looks like you've already found one and even 10k OCI should be easy achievable IMO

Im running the m1 0w-20 HM now, its what my walmart had and the m1 rebates were good. Ill likely get another UOA of this oil.

I specifically selected the 2.0 Civic to withstand my driving habits, no turbo, not DI.

You'd luv my car (or any other hybrid). '15 Ford C-Max Hybrid, does amazing MPG in those conditions, idles very little when sitting around too. Gets 40 to 55 MPG with hills and stop-n-go. It can dip down to 35 MPG when blasting at 75 mph hiway steady on level ground. ---> Many hybrids to choose from these days.

If I were you, I'd put in Mobil1 Annual Protection 5w20 and do a full 20,000 miles like Mobil says, for these reasons:
---- A 5w20 has very little VII chemicals to prevent shear viscosity loss over time. (5w20 has the same hot HTHS wear protection as 0w20 your engine is spec'ed for too.)
---- Your driving cycles make this perfect, since very few short trips, and port fuel injection, so little soot from a DI.
---- Mobil knows what they are doing with this oil, possible advancements in anti-oxidants here.
---- You don't have the newer problematic 1.5T Civic fuel-diluter engine, so yours is easy on oil.
Then use a Fram Ultra oil filter, also rated for 20,000 miles like the Annual Protection oil is, and it has the highest filtering efficiency/capacity of any (4548-12).

Oil is oil with proper ratings. You numbers are excllent you have the winner oil..

Originally Posted by tomcat27
looks good. I dont see fuel dilution numbers?
Ending KV100 says it all: Its right where it should be at 8.5. (New PP 0w20 is 8.6) No significant fuel dilution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back