Youtube demonitisation of conspiracy sites ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parent company of YouTube is Google, why would I be surprised about this? Google and FB love to suppress people for no reason.

Some channels are looking at using alternate fundraising methods. The problem with YouTube is that their application of their terms of service for demonetisation is very murky. They did it to one racing channel I watch on occasion. There was some talk that it was because the ads streamed weren't all that applicable to the racing content. Wouldn't that be YouTube's fault for streaming the wrong ads? Alternatively, if he violated some copyright thing for racing (it seems he's running a fair use news site), you'd think they'd shut him down and not demonetise him. If crashes were too violent, it's not asking for a sign in. I don't know, and I don't think anyone really does.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
The parent company of YouTube is Google, why would I be surprised about this? Google and FB love to suppress people for no reason.

Truth!

- "you are free to speak your opinion, as long as it doesn't contradict mine"

Originally Posted by Linctex

Truth!

This.

Youtube/Google are part of the mainstream media. Post something there that even hints on contradicting their views and it gets taken down.

These are PRIVATE* companies and consequently their services are THEIR PROPERTY so they can do whatever they want.

Now the biggest problem with conspiracy websites is that not only do the peddle BS 99 percent of the time but they also become the "Useful idiot" of foreign entities who wish to stir the pot as it were.

*Private in the sense they they're not owned by a government.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by jeepman3071

Truth!

This.

Youtube/Google are part of the mainstream media. Post something there that even hints on contradicting their views and it gets taken down.

I think they are figuring out the proper balance. They did too little and now possibly too much. They can do as they please because terms of using site say they can. These whiny bags like yourself agreed to it.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
These are PRIVATE* companies and consequently their services are THEIR PROPERTY so they can do whatever they want.

Now the biggest problem with conspiracy websites is that not only do the peddle BS 99 percent of the time but they also become the "Useful idiot" of foreign entities who wish to stir the pot as it were.

So you are advocating for publicly owned sites equivalent to YouTube or Facebook so that they cannot do whatever they want?
shocked.gif

Surpress people on their free service ha. Build your own if you want no part of it.

Originally Posted by madRiver

Truth!

This.

I think they are figuring out the proper balance. They did too little and now possibly too much. They can do as they please because terms of using site say they can. These whiny bags like yourself agreed to it.

Wow you must be a really insecure person when your first response to someone is to jump to name calling.
thumbsup2.gif

FYI I'm not whining about Youtube at all, I could give a flying F what they do as I'm not a creator. It's just from what I've noticed dealing with school systems and their IT stuff. Post something political like a debate from a class on a youtube account and it gets questioned.

Yep, exactly.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B

So you are advocating for publicly owned sites equivalent to YouTube or Facebook so that they cannot do whatever they want?
shocked.gif

I'm not advocating for anything. I'm just a believer in private property rights. Google is a company that needs to satisfy consumer demand in order to make a profit. To complain about U-Tube censoring content is just a form of entitlement and it's even scarier when these individuals think it's "ok" to use the police power of the State to force these companies to put up content that they like. If money can be made putting up conspiracy theories then I'm sure someone will start a competing service similar to UTube.

I watch a fair number of youtube videos . I do not see any shortage of " nutty " videos .

How they are monetized , I have no idea ?

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
I watch a fair number of youtube videos . I do not see any shortage of " nutty " videos .

The creators of the video can get a small kickback from the ads on the videos.

The creators of the video can get a small kickback from the ads on the videos.

Some folks on YouTube make big $$$ talking about silly crap , latest celeb gossip, news, sports, make up / cosmetics....

Folks, the profanity and insults must stop.

When you type something then preview it and the word is censored, don't use that word.

It's that simple.

That's the crux of the problem, right there. No one really has an idea. Channels are demonetised without much explanation to the operator, and with little to no recourse. It is a problem for content providers, who often stop, and then it annoys YouTube viewers, since, after all, YouTube is the one to blame by not having a clear policy, providing a clear rationale to their actions, or providing a clear way to address YouTube's concerns.

It's not any better on the copyright side of things. They really have a tenuous grasp on the notion of fair use. On the other hand, some moron takes a clearly copyrighted item (like an entire sitcom episode), and puts it online in mirror image format or at a different speed, and it's somehow perfectly acceptable.

When you put up a video, you can (well could) elect to allow ads, and collect revenue on them...I did on a couple of my videos to see...never made so much as a cent, and later recieved notification that my videos didn't receive enough traffic to be monetised...that Engineering Excplained, or Scotty Kilmer make loads of money posting their stuff.

secureteam made a part of their family income stream posting their stuff..secret space programme, UFOs, not JFK and the like....now they can't

In my own case, I've had to put videos of my daughter singing, and post links to audition in things like School Spectacular (she's performed at the school level, this is to go solo), plus some exams for various of her activities. within 48 hours of posting them, we get notice that their crawlers have found them, and identified copyrighted material, and either to take it down, or allow the content owner to monetise them.

This is a kid doing her own rendition of a musical piece to audition, which I would have thought was fair use, but we need ads to pay the music labels...

Where it went bad was click bait political videos that were spamming the place, and using innovative techniques to bypass the systems used to pick up multiple same content by user...

[video:youtube]https://www.google.com/search?q=you...059j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8[/video]

On pulling stuff a faked FB video of a left politician drunk/slurring by slowing down speed of video made the inter webs.

FB who states they fight "fake news" won't pull it. They can do what they please of course but they don't have the leaning expected in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back