TT time

Status
Not open for further replies.
real racing on Velocity, the Isle of Mann TT motorcycles + sidecars, a thrill a minute as they lap the course at about 200 mph at times!! crazy dangerous on a local closed course inches from stone walls + drops that will end everything for a few riders as it usually does!

I had a long post typed out, and then remembered that when I've posted too much detail online about some of the things I've done, it has inevitably come back to bite me.

So I will just say that if you are a fan and just want to spectate, or if it's been a lifelong dream to compete, and can meet the requirements to race, you should go for it.

Originally Posted by 02SE

So I will just say that if you are a fan and just want to spectate, or if it's been a lifelong dream to compete, and can meet the requirements to race, you should go for it.

It has always been a dream of mine - but I'm likely just too old now.

Those 'ground pilots' most definitely have the fear centers in their brains surgically removed (or, they were just born without such!).
wink.gif
crazy2.gif

The Manx Rally (in a fully caged/prepped car) is scary enough, I cannot even imagine doing that on one of those crotch rockets!!

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by 02SE

It has always been a dream of mine - but I'm likely just too old now.

You're not too old if you can meet the requirements. The entry period for this year is closed, but you can create an account, and see what you need here: Entry Form

An onboard lap with Andy Farrell on a relatively 'slow' 600. He pulls over to fix an issue with his visor.

Some video of the first practice session, filmed by a guy from his front yard along Crosby Straight.

Second practice session.

Last edited:
Weather issues are common at the IOM TT. The course at 37.73 miles can present widely varying weather conditions. It can be sunny in Douglas, and pouring down rain on the mountain.

For the latest news: IOM TT News

Mad Sunday, and the 3rd practice session. The guy that is filming and posting this from his front yard, is a top chap (as they might say on the Isle).
smile.gif

There's no doubt it's a very dangerous event to compete in. All the competitors are keenly aware of that fact. It's not like a purpose built racetrack with loads of run-off where you know that any get-off has a good chance of only resulting in scuffed leathers and a rashed bike. Any get-off at the TT has the very real possibility of being your last.

I can think of worse ways to go than dying while following your passion.

Rest in peace Daley Mathison.

Sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

27 year old British rider Daley Mathison was killed yesterday on lap 3 of the 4 lap opening super bike race. RIP. Peter Hickman declared the winner after the race was stopped. Today's racing postponed due to weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back