Home cell phone antenna booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to boost my cell phone single at home. I have coverage just not the best. What type of antenna can be purchased to boost the single anything?

I had a friend who lived in a very rural area and Sprint gave him a phone booster in his house. It was able to help others in his area as well. Don't know how he got it but I would think Google or a phone call could help

T-Mobile sent me a Personal Cell Spot. It's a femtocell. That resolved any issues I had with the weak signal I had here. Since I was a long term customer it cost me nothing.

1) Switch carrier to the one with the best coverage (or the MVNO that uses the carrier)
2) If you have an older phone that doesn't support the latest frequency band that your carrier now uses (sometimes they auction / swap / re-farm old bands with each other), get a newer phone that does
3) Wifi calling + a good router
4) If all else fail, get a FEM to Cell device (basically a personal cell phone tower that connects to your phone company through internet).

WiFi calling plus Google WiFi has been a big winner for us.
We are at the bottom of a hill on a semi rural area. There is little likelihood our coverage will change for the better in the next several years.
The Google WiFi mesh has been seamless and made us very happy customers.

YMMV.

I had this booster, which installed in my car, with a roof mount antenna. Worked like a charm. Full signal strength where there's no signal. Perfect for hunting, and roadtrips.

Originally Posted by racer44
What is the best way to boost my cell phone single at home. I have coverage just not the best. What type of antenna can be purchased to boost the single anything?

Design a beanie-style hat made out of aluminum foil ..... for whenever you are inside the house. Just be sure to remove it for showers.

Put a Z boost down at the camp … This includes an external antenna, the box (looks like modem) and cable …
Huge difference … There are cheaper competitive models … Would have to read up on them …

Depending on your cell company, like others have said, many will provide a cell boaster for your home or you can buy your own.
They are pretty expensive, but it is what it is.

Just google best home cell signal boasters.
They do work, we use them in the security business but its not often and I cant remember the brand.

Your best bet by far, if you have one of the major cell providers is to call them and complain, see what they offer you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back