Switched to Fram Ultra Filter at 100 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
You have a sense of humor too.

You have to on this board
thumbsup2.gif

https://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/asset.php?fid=234468&uid=291178&d=1558658439

Cut open the factory filter
banana2.gif

Also, Fram doesn't make a Subaru-spec filter for your Crosstrek
smirk2.gif

Should've gone with the Wix XP

SHORTEST. WARRANTY. EVER !

Subaru dealers can be less than friendly about engine issues and after market parts ... too many blown up WRX's over the years !

While under warranty, I always used oem filters. CYA !

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by CT8
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !
The engine won't break in,the engine will burn oil and some other things I read on the BITOG postings.

lol.gif

You need to get a refill on your medication CT8
lol.gif

Post of the week winner in my opinion.

Originally Posted by CT8
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !
The engine won't break in,the engine will burn oil and some other things I read on the BITOG postings.

lol.gif

lol.gif

remember its 1 pill every 3 hours NOT 3 pills every hour

Originally Posted by geeman789
SHORTEST. WARRANTY. EVER !

Subaru dealers can be less than friendly about engine issues and after market parts ... too many blown up WRX's over the years !

While under warranty, I always used oem filters. CYA !

sorry not true and actually against the law. No dealer gives a rip what oil filter you use.

Break in ?
Always the option to follow the "drive it like you stole it" technology heard on this site !

Originally Posted by Al
on my '19 Crosstrek. Why? BC I can. Filter change on a subaru is about a 2 minute job. Upside down in the engine compartment. Not one drip removing the old filter.
cool.gif

A spin-on?

Originally Posted by edwardh1
Originally Posted by CT8

lol.gif

lol.gif

Originally Posted by CT8

lol.gif

lol.gif

remember its 1 pill every 3 hours NOT 3 pills every hour

Doggone right ^^^^^^^^^

lol.gif

Don't get those transposed...

Yea..spin on. I love the humor here. Keep it coming. I was born with thick skin..lol
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Cut open the factory filter
banana2.gif

Also, Fram doesn't make a Subaru-spec filter for your Crosstrek
smirk2.gif

Should've gone with the Wix XP

That bypass requirement means zero. My first subaru had the same retirement. None of the filters I used met that retirement. 200K miles later..no problems.

Originally Posted by philipp10
No dealer gives a rip what oil filter you use.

Not true. They want you to use what they sell at a high mark up. They care about profit.

I know a few dealerships which aggressively push a high price aftermarket filter, instead of the OEM.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Originally Posted by Al
on my '19 Crosstrek. Why? BC I can. Filter change on a subaru is about a 2 minute job. Upside down in the engine compartment. Not one drip removing the old filter.
cool.gif

Problem is, with the upside down positioning, you can't pre-load the filter with oil, getting a longer dry-start period.

No problem,just flip the car on its side lol.

Originally Posted by Al
cool.gif

I am very sorry to hear that your insurance went up, your dog left you, and your now suffering from ED. But perhaps if you switched filter brands, the dog might return ! Sorry I cannot help with the other problems. /s

Originally Posted by Al
I was born with thick skin..lol

Try holistic oils and lotions. Crystals don't work.

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
your dog left you. /s

She's staying with me now.

Originally Posted by Al
Yea..spin on. I love the humor here. Keep it coming. I was born with thick skin..lol
OK, I'll take that as an invite and post my first thought when I saw this posted yesterday...…..Whatever blows your hair back!...…... Assuming you still have some.
grin.gif

Probably not something I'd do at 100 miles, but to each their own. Filter is located in an easily accessible location and orientation for change, so that makes it more understandable.

As for the thick skin, Gold Bond advertises lotions and creams for all types of skin issues, perhaps give one or more of them a try.
56.gif

Al That bypass requirement means zero. My first subaru had the same requirement. None of the filters I used met that requirement. 200K miles later..no problems. [/quote said:
I wish more people would understand this.....

I can see how it MIGHT make a difference when running 20W-50 in North Dakota in February, but for 99% of the driver's out there, it will never make any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back