OE AC COMPRESSOR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, It looks like My car has a failed AC compressor. Leaking behind the clutch. I'm leaning toward replacing with a new OEM unit. What is the boards feelings on aftermarket compressors. Would one be worth it or stick to OEM and pay more.

I hate to say it but the Chinese aftermarket compressors seem to be very good. I install many every summer with almost no comebacks. Last year a customer wanted a Motorcraft compressor for his Ford truck. So I ordered one. Guess where it was made? Yep China!

Some of those Chinese ones tend to be better than the originals, especially the Delphi clones. I assume your Subie uses a Zexel/Valeo or Denso compressor. In that case, OE Denso but those Korean/Chinese Sanden copies look very good these days...

Originally Posted by Gimpy1
Sanden builds its A/C compressors in the US (wylie TX). They are expensive but you get what you pay for especially with a/c systems.

I have not seen a USA built sanden in years. Even sanden is having some if not all made in China " with Japanese technology" on the sticker.

Originally Posted by nthach
Some of those Chinese ones tend to be better than the originals, especially the Delphi clones. I assume your Subie uses a Zexel/Valeo or Denso compressor. In that case, OE Denso but those Korean/Chinese Sanden copies look very good these days...

It is a OE Valeo unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back