Switched to Fram Ultra Filter at 100 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

on my '19 Crosstrek. Why? BC I can. Filter change on a subaru is about a 2 minute job. Upside down in the engine compartment. Not one drip removing the old filter.
cool.gif

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !
The engine won't break in,the engine will burn oil and some other things I read on the BITOG postings.

Originally Posted by oldhp
Just put FRAM Ultra in my 19' Charger 3.6 at 1100 miles. It picked up 35HP....................................

Well just think what chrome muffler bearings would do!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Just put FRAM Ultra in my 19' Charger 3.6 at 1100 miles. It picked up 35HP....................................

Don't forget to stick a "TURBO" badge on the back!

And maybe a fake hood scoop...

Is that new or old horsepower you picked up?
48.gif

Originally Posted by SteveG4

Is that new or old horsepower you picked up?
48.gif

It was easy found it laying in the street and no one claimed it.

Originally Posted by Al
on my '19 Crosstrek. Why? BC I can. Filter change on a subaru is about a 2 minute job. Upside down in the engine compartment. Not one drip removing the old filter.
cool.gif

Cut open the factory filter and post some pics. When are you going to dump the Factory fill? On my 2015 Caravan I saw some metal particles in the filter.

Originally Posted by CT8
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !
The engine won't break in,the engine will burn oil and some other things I read on the BITOG postings.

lol.gif

You need to get a refill on your medication CT8
lol.gif

Post of the week winner in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Al
cool.gif

Problem is, with the upside down positioning, you can't pre-load the filter with oil, getting a longer dry-start period.

I too was burnt by build quality issues on an older Subaru (08 Outback 3.0 LL Bean) but based on the repair metrics sites their new 4 cyl engine in the Crosstrek and some other models seem to be holding up much much better in terms of 60k-100k+ reliability then the 3.0 and early 3.6 H6's or the much loved/hated EJ25.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by CT8

lol.gif

You need to get a refill on your medication CT8
lol.gif

Post of the week winner in my opinion.

Yes indeed!!!

Originally Posted by Al
Why? BC I can. .
cool.gif

Bet you can't do it again.

Prove it. Post a video.

I double dog dare you to do it again.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Originally Posted by Al
cool.gif

Problem is, with the upside down positioning, you can't pre-load the filter with oil, getting a longer dry-start period.

You can still saturate the filter media with oil, which probably contributes to half the time it takes to pressurize the engine. The anit-drainback valve will retain some of the oil on the outside of the filter. The pump will fill the filter very quickly..

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted by nascarnation
So how does this keep the head gaskets from leaking at 100,000 miles?

Have you been under a rock for the past 12 years? Please go back.

Yea..lol
All their engines have a separate water circuit for the head and for the block.

Of course I knew I would get flamed. Partly why I did it.
thankyou2.gif
I have a pic of it installed. I will post later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back