Ford A Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
My uncle is very generous in that he'll give me an A plan code on a new Ford. Looking into F-150s. A plan is a basically a NO BS, best price kind of situation, right?

Would be awesome to not have to haggle on pricing and have a cut and dry deal.

Thanks.

Good price, no hassle. However, it might be the absolute bottom dollar price you could have gotten with a ton more negotiating with visits to competing dealers.

I would say go for it.

Isn't invoice - mfgr holdback - advertising basically what a dealer is paying for a vehicle?

At that point, wouldn't they be loosing money?

as soon as the Monroe law was passed mandating sticker prices and invoice prices the MFG starting finding loopholes.

They do this by "helping" the dealers with advertising, floor plan costs, special incentives and special incentives. No no one really knows what a car costs except the dealer accounting the mfg.

Rod

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
as soon as the Monroe law was passed mandating sticker prices and invoice prices the MFG starting finding loopholes.

They do this by "helping" the dealers with advertising, floor plan costs, special incentives and special incentives. No no one really knows what a car costs except the dealer accounting the mfg.

Rod

This!

Manufacturers provide support besides just what the invoice price of the car is - and it is totally dependent on the dealer and their agreements with the manufacturer.

That being said, A plan pricing will generally net you a good price - but it doesn't hurt to see if you can do more...

Last edited:
Don't forget, some careful searching on "Autotrader" using a wide range of distance, will sometimes find some really good sale prices.

I've found new 2019 F150's for sale in FL, for considerably less than the local discount dealer. I don't mind driving across the state to save $10K.

Last edited:
If you hate haggling and just want to get a good price, A Plan is a great deal for you. It looks like rebates and special financing can be added (Please research and confirm this). You may be able to negotiate a better price but is the aggravation and time worth it.

Research the price of the truck before you go into the dealership with the appropriate discounts so that you know you're on the same page. And check for any rebates.

Good luck.

A plan is an awesome deal, it is allowed only for Ford employees. I get D Plan which ends up being about $200 over A-Plan but also thousands less than anything TrueCar or any similar site can provide.

Having used A plan 4 times, I can tell you that nobody here has described it accurately. A plan tends to be 3-5% under dealer invoice. It can vary a bit depending on options. Base models tend to have lower percentage than loaded models. Now, you still get all available incentives as well. Generally, these deals can't be beat. Truecar won't be close.

I have driven Ford & Chevy pickups for years . I am not a Dodge / Ram fan .

But I was comparing CarGuru.com pricing for a 2019 work truck , both Ford & Chevy . Then , on a whim , I checked Dodge / Ram .

I was really surprised at the price difference . Currently , using the 500 mile search , the work truck is shown as lower $ 19,000 to almost $ 20,000 .

I am not actively shopping . Just curious .

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
A plan is an awesome deal, it is allowed only for Ford employees. I get D Plan which ends up being about $200 over A-Plan but also thousands less than anything TrueCar or any similar site can provide.

Your spot on !!ðŸ‘

Last edited:
Like said, it depends on the particular model, if it has incentives and how they stack up. The big 3 (and others) do business with my employer, so they give us access to these plans. I used the "X-plan" or what ever it was called at the time when I purchased our 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan. Pretty sure I could have gotten the same price with minimal negotiating. The dealer made a huge deal about my ability to have the X plan.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jcartwright99
Having used A plan 4 times, I can tell you that nobody here has described it accurately. A plan tends to be 3-5% under dealer invoice. It can vary a bit depending on options. Base models tend to have lower percentage than loaded models. Now, you still get all available incentives as well. Generally, these deals can't be beat. Truecar won't be close.

This. A and Z plans will be the best price and is under invoice. You get to stack the rebates and/or incentives. Yes the dealer "loses money" but I'm sure Ford is compensating them for it.

You may do better but it's a great deal. It's not available on everything (no Ford GT or Shelby, IIRC) but is a great deal.

Last edited:
Dont trucks routinely have sales for 10-20% off mrsp. Seem like all those a and x plans are only really useful vehicles with smaller margins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back