Bro Truck Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
I had to laugh when I read this description of a typical contractor vehicle lol! It is a pretty accurate description, even up here!

Yes. You only really could change Big Macs to some Tim Horton's wrap or other horrible food.

I say more power to them. People just sound jealous when complaining about other vehicles. Maybe they have money to burn, maybe you don't. Those trucks can get him some good [censored] though.

People just sound jealous when complaining about other vehicles.

I don't detect jealousy. Some people just prefer sharing public roads with vehicles that are safe and legal, if for no other reason than our own safety. It is true that Bro Trucks are only one example of the many unsafe-at-any-speed vehicles that I find annoying. For example, I can never understand choppers. People actually spend hard-earned dollars to make their bikes ugly, handle poorly, uncomfortable to ride, slow, and annoyingly loud to everyone around them. Then they dress up like a pirate with an illegal helmet that looks like someone spray painted and polished their bald heads, and proceed to ride five miles to the nearest bar where they hang out in flocks. I could care less if they did this on private property, but they are sharing the road with people that won't be happy picking up the pieces after the inevitable crash.

I've been in Myrtle Beach all week, which happens to be bike week. Most of you guys would be going crazy with all the different vehicles on the roads here this week! I look back to 1969 when I prowled ocean blvd in my SS396 Chevelle with a wild Crane cam and open headers and wonder what the locals were thinking of me and my friends 50 years ago. I think now what I thought then......I don't give a rats - - - what you think! I've enjoyed this week! "Get off my lawn, stupid kids!
19.gif

I don't really care what people drive as long as they are respectful on the road.

There are quite a few "brodozers" where I live. I've gotten to recognize all of the trucks. Some of them are normal guys that just have lifted trucks. Some of the others are real d-bags and act really aggressive while driving, use their trucks to drive over sidewalks, flowerbeds, etc causing a lot of damage.

One of my friends has a lifted and modded duramax, and he gets plenty of tickets for bumper height, speeding, loud exhaust, etc. I don't really understand it but to each his own. He probably owes 20 grand still on a truck that has over 200k miles.
21.gif

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Oily_Thing
What's up with the really stupid-looking lowered rears/ jacked up fronts? I see trucks like that and I want to barf.

That is the California desert prerunner look.

Like this? We call it tuna boat'n. Usually the driver is wearing a flat bill trucker hat tucked over his ears. It's just their thing.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It is called the "Carolina Squat"

Last edited:
I have seen D-bags in every type of car. I think some people just look for certain types of truck or cars so they can complain.
Plenty of dumb ….. driving Corollas or Civics aggressively too.
Drive what you want and what makes you happy. Some of you have way too much time on your hands if you can worry about what everyone else is driving.

For me I just really like the look of it. It is a culture thing to me. I don't understand lowered cars that scrape so they go 20mph down the road lol. I don't drive like a d-bag but i would be lying if I said people don't go out of their way to ding up and do stuff to my truck. I can count at least 5 scrapes and dings in my truck each month on its silky black paint. It really upsets me! I park far away from everyone and I always park in the lines. (not taking up 2 spaces because I cant drive) On the road and while parking I understand I have a big truck so I try to keep it out of everyones way so im not being a d-bag.

Some of the others are real d-bags and act really aggressive while driving,

Yep, a few weeks ago I was driving down a narrow one-way city street with cars parked down one side, lots of tourists walking on the sidewalk on my left, people crossing the street, and stop signs every block. I was driving well under the limit because of all the activity and the possibility of someone walking out from between the parked cars. I had a classic Bro Truck on my tail that kept accelerating aggressively right up to my bumper before jamming on the brakes. When we got to a street with two lanes he floored it and swerved wildly around me and tore off, then barely slowed up at the next stop sign before squealing around the corner and giving me the finger as he careened off doing 10-20 over the limit in the city. That's why Bro Trucks have a bad reputation.

Originally Posted by umungus1122
Originally Posted by KrisZ
Originally Posted by fdcg27

You apparently misunderstood what I posted.
You can drive what you like but when you cause injury to others by modifying a vehicle beyond factory spec and take it out of safety standard compliance for road vehicles, then I and every other road user has the right to tell you that you can't use that vehicle on our public roads.
I guess you also misunderstood what I meant when I wrote that the driver of any such vehicle who caused injury to my people would face me long before the cops arrived.

Playing the safety card to try and impose your ill-guided will is the standard modus operandi of the type of person you seem to project, i.e. a control seeking individual.

He isn't trying to impose his will at all. He said what he would do if someone killed his grandson with their reckless behavior. I would acquit him all day on that jury.

And what exactly does reckless behavior have to do specifically with bro trucks and them being unsafe? Reckless driving can come from any vehicle on the road and it is pretty clear you guys are using the safety argument against the bro truck just because you don't like them. Besides, how do you know they're unsafe? Did you get them inspected by a certified shop. Or are you guys speaking from your behinds simply based on your feelings? Many "sensible" looking vehicles can be death traps underneath. How do you determine what is safe and what isn't simply by looking at the vehicle driving down the road?

You guys are simply proving that you are more nuts then the "bad" people you seem to be so afraid of. fdcg27 would spend a lot of time in jail and you would never make that jury.

Personally, since I've had "personalized" vehicles over the years, my threshold for where it crosses from expression of individuality into danger may differ from others who have commented.

I think a tastefully lifted truck with decent looking aftermarket wheels that work with the stock brakes and perhaps some aggressive looking tires can look good. Where things go wrong is where we get into the extremes:

- Aftermarket HID retrofit into stock reflectors, blasting blinding light all over the place
- Light bars, used in town
- Huge lifts that put the bumper well above the crush zones of other vehicles
- Aftermarket "roll coal" tunes that belch black clouds, often accompanied with the aforementioned lift above, which results in this taking place at window-level
- HUGE wheel/tire combos that showcase the wholly inadequate baby brakes that are expected to stop them

People drive like morons in everything, so I'm not going to lay that exclusively at the feet of "Bro's". Some of them drive quite reasonably, even if they are guilty of the above unsafe mods. Others do the above AND drive like morons however, which makes them more dangerous that Betty doing that in her Caravan.

The worst accident I've ever been in proximity of was a result of the opposite trend: the "slammed" crowd. A couple of guys in a Civic with chopped springs took an on-ramp on the 401 like they were driving in Formula 1. Merged at an extremely rapid pace, "carved" their way over to the hammer lane, during the process of which, a tie-rod end let go, sending the car into a spin where it careened through the median, rolled, ended up on its roof in oncoming traffic, and while still going at quite a clip, ground off the roof, and then proceeded to smear its occupants all over the 401 for quite some distance.

Sure is a lot of stereotyping and worrying about what others drive in this thread. Some of the folks who drive the vehicles that are being disparaged in this thread are actually some of the nicest people you may meet - and quite honestly, pretty handy and helpful when it comes to working on cars.

There are a few in every crowd. No doubt - but that goes for every type of car in existence, period.

The thing I notice around here are that a lot of lifted trucks are "pavement queens", with real cheap lift kits that serve no practical purpose, these guys have to go .5mph over speed bumps for fear of hurting their cheap suspensions. You can tell the difference between those and the guys that go out and play in mud, one is for use and one is for looks.

I don't get modding a truck like that just for looks, but I'm not driving it and this is America. They're free to do as they please. I did like seeing the offroad mods around when I went to Colorado, those were some Bad-a trucks. Serious clearance, thick skid plates, tough suspensions. Would've loved to go trail riding with one of those guys!

The jerks that "roll coal" are a different story, don't get me started on them. But that's a small % of modded trucks around here.

My philosophy has always been that it is none of my business what other people choose to drive. All I ask is that I be accorded the same respect.

They can be annoying esp black smoke and lack of signals driving crazy on occasion. I think a few bad apples make them look all bad.

Originally Posted by fdcg27

You apparently misunderstood what I posted.
You can drive what you like but when you cause injury to others by modifying a vehicle beyond factory spec and take it out of safety standard compliance for road vehicles, then I and every other road user has the right to tell you that you can't use that vehicle on our public roads.
I guess you also misunderstood what I meant when I wrote that the driver of any such vehicle who caused injury to my people would face me long before the cops arrived.

Playing the safety card to try and impose your ill-guided will is the standard modus operandi of the type of person you seem to project, i.e. a control seeking individual.

He isn't trying to impose his will at all. He said what he would do if someone killed his grandson with their reckless behavior. I would acquit him all day on that jury.

And what exactly does reckless behavior have to do specifically with bro trucks and them being unsafe? Reckless driving can come from any vehicle on the road and it is pretty clear you guys are using the safety argument against the bro truck just because you don't like them. Besides, how do you know they're unsafe? Did you get them inspected by a certified shop. Or are you guys speaking from your behinds simply based on your feelings? Many "sensible" looking vehicles can be death traps underneath. How do you determine what is safe and what isn't simply by looking at the vehicle driving down the road?

You guys are simply proving that you are more nuts then the "bad" people you seem to be so afraid of. fdcg27 would spend a lot of time in jail and you would never make that jury.

Reckless behavior is exactly that, regardless of what you're driving. Looks like 'CA' is more of the problem here. Most of the country would applaud fdcg27, as would their LE, prosecutors, and citizens. Probably should stay in your coastal nutjob state and keep your nonsensical ideology to yourself.

Probably should stay in your coastal nutjob state and keep your nonsensical ideology to yourself.

Ahh yes. You know you have a tenuous argument, when you have to resort to a petty insult, based on where someone lives...

Originally Posted by AuthorEditor
Does anyone really care? I don't.

I do find it annoying that obviously illegal vehicles (particularly the rolling coal ones) are apparently immune from law enforcement, while every grandma with a cracked taillight or one headlight out is pulled over for a ticket.

Rolling coal is legal in Florida. A truck may produce any amount of smoke upon acceleration according to FL statutes.

I don't like it, and none of my trucks have smoke tunes or smoke that much for any other reason, but cops can't do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back