men can get breast cancer AMHIK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Father in law battled it for years. diagnosed 10 years ago. Cleared of it a few years later. Clean for 5 years. Then, it came back with a vengeance. Instantly exploded and spread to lungs, spine, brain. Tried all kinds of different treatments. Some, towards the end, even experimental.

We lost him to it just this past December. He had recently (3 years ago) become a new grandfather. Sad: he, my daughter, and all of us for that matter, missed out on an exciting chapter of his life. I can only hope my daughter will remember him.

Yes it happens. I know a Vietnam vet who was diagnosed with it. The VA covered it under Agent Orange exposure.

If you are a veteran then this should be checked out.

My brother in law had it...was clear for 10 years, and came back and exploded as well. He is in a nursing home now at age 54 nearing the end.

Not trying to be funny here, but how can men get breast cancer when we don't have breasts?

Originally Posted by grampi
Not trying to be funny here, but how can men get breast cancer when we don't have breasts?

All humans have breasts.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Originally Posted by grampi

We've got all the equipment...and under extreme conditions, it works too...

http://mentalfloss.com/article/61894/can-men-lactate

How's the old joke go, if men had breasts they'd never leave home? apparently not true!

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
1% of men get breast cancer lots of other kinds of C are going to get you first.

1% of all men ?

Got a link for that ?

1% of men get breast cancer lots of other kinds of C are going to get you first.

1% of all men ?

Got a link for that ?

breast.PNG

Originally Posted by DriveHard

1% of all men ?

Got a link for that ?

Hmmm...comprehension skills are lacking in this thread...

Actually, the whole BITOG understanding of reading, comprehension, statistics, and extrapolations are at the lowest level that they've ever achieved.

Seriously...look at the google question...then the answer...cannot to poster see that the answer does not match the question ?

Seriously...look at the google question...then the answer...cannot to poster see that the answer does not match the question ?

Shannow, what are you trying to say? I think it is more a problem of folks not taking the time to state their argument or question clearly, then it is reading comprehension. When you get only a few words of reply, it is tough to know what the real question or comment is, and it can often be interpreted in many different ways depending on the reader's mood, culture, education, background, etc.

1% of men get breast cancer =/= 1% of breast cancer cases occur in men

Link

and for women: Link

125.6 cases of breast cancer per 100,000 is the rate for women, vs 1.2 per 100,000 for men. There's the 1% from google.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Looks like 118.2 cases of prostate cancer per 100,000 for men. More google work says that 1 out of 9 men will get prostate cancer. A 1% rate of anything would thus work backwards to an incident rate of 11 per 100,000 (118.2 divided by 11 to find 1 out of 100).

Thus 0.1% of men will get breast cancer. If I'm doing this math properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back