Bro Truck Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by spavel6
I wonder how these modifications remain road legal, and why they aren't being impounded at a higher rate?

I always thought that tires wider than the fenders were a no go, as well as changing bumper height from stock?

It all depends on who does actual "law enforcement"

Most cops are pretty selective about which laws they choose to enforce.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl

Bro-truck drivers actually aren't usually the worst around here. Aggressive, crazy, distracted driving is so prevalent here that I don't even associate it with a particular type or style of vehicle

The worst is young ladies texting while driving.

YES - - - I see guys do it, too - - just not near as often, and they don't lose control over vehicle direction as often, either.

I like the bro trucks-I move over, & then follow them around (not TOO close, though)-they'll get the ticket, and since they're so jacked up & block the airflow, there's a little MPG improvement too! The texting drivers in the high speed lane going 10 MPH slower than everybody else & swerving all over are a lot worse.

Nope. The absolute worst are contractors. The contractors have three or four guys jammed onto the bench seat, they're all eating Big Macs, texting on their phones, and the driver can barely peer over the pile of bills and trash stacked up on the dashboard. They are always driving over the limit on nearly bald tires, with ladders on the top held on with a couple of shock cords and trash flying out of the back. I have been nearly killed a few times by trucks like that.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
4 x 4 with too much positive offset on the after market (always blacked out) rims so that the wheels exceed outer limit of the fenders. Crew cab, newer model domestic USA brand, usually a 5' bed box on average.

I'm sorry, but to me these are rather useless except for 1. manhood extension, and 2. towing something on a regular basis. I think #2 is subordinate to #1 in most cases.

I think you mean too much negative offset on the wheels.

I have people make baseless comments about me or the wife, based on the vehicles we are riding/ driving at the time, on a regular basis. This happens when we are stopped somewhere, so it's not because of how we are operating said vehicles on the road.

Why do they do this? Simple pettiness?, jealousy?, they've always been a busybody? Their commentary is always amusing, so I/we usually laugh at them, and let them go on their little angry way.

I'd suggest going for a ride, and letting some of that pent-up frustration melt away.

All of this might be true, except when one of these juvenile imbeciles is tailgating me in my sensible car, maybe with my grandson in the back seat.
Guess what the truckee has to look forward to should he run his substitute for manhood over the back of my car and injure my grandson or wife?
The cops won't get there quickly enough to help him and probably wouldn't care if they did.

Originally Posted by AuthorEditor

Nope. The absolute worst are contractors. The contractors have three or four guys jammed onto the bench seat, they're all eating Big Macs, texting on their phones, and the driver can barely peer over the pile of bills and trash stacked up on the dashboard. They are always driving over the limit on nearly bald tires, with ladders on the top held on with a couple of shock cords and trash flying out of the back. I have been nearly killed a few times by trucks like that.

I had to laugh when I read this description of a typical contractor vehicle lol! It is a pretty accurate description, even up here!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by fdcg27
4 x 4 with too much positive offset on the after market (always blacked out) rims so that the wheels exceed outer limit of the fenders. Crew cab, newer model domestic USA brand, usually a 5' bed box on average.

I'm sorry, but to me these are rather useless except for 1. manhood extension, and 2. towing something on a regular basis. I think #2 is subordinate to #1 in most cases.

I have people make baseless comments about me or the wife, based on the vehicles we are riding/ driving at the time, on a regular basis. This happens when we are stopped somewhere, so it's not because of how we are operating said vehicles on the road.

Why do they do this? Simple pettiness?, jealousy?, they've always been a busybody? Their commentary is always amusing, so I/we usually laugh at them, and let them go on their little angry way.

I'd suggest going for a ride, and letting some of that pent-up frustration melt away.

All of this might be true, except when one of these juvenile imbeciles is tailgating me in my sensible car, maybe with my grandson in the back seat.
Guess what the truckee has to look forward to should he run his substitute for manhood over the back of my car and injure my grandson or wife?
The cops won't get there quickly enough to help him and probably wouldn't care if they did.

When you are King, you can stipulate what mode of transport is "sensible".

Until that day, we live in a society that is still somewhat Free. Which means that those in "Bro Trucks" can drive what they want. Now if they are breaking the law by tailgating, or driving recklessly and cause an accident, then they should be held accountable. As should anyone in a "sensible" vehicle that causes an accident while breaking the law and/or driving recklessly.

Just for the record, I don't own a "Bro Truck".

I do however have a problem with those that try to tell others how to live their lives...

I try my best to just accept what other people behold. That said, I simply don't understand how some of these vehicles are allowed on public roads. Illegal bumper mechanisms, illegal bumper heights, illegal headlight focus, uncovered wheels, rear underside exposed fuel tanks, off-terrain tires driven on pavement... The same rules should apply to these vehicles as they do to CDL vehicles and off-road motorbikes.

Ray

That said, I simply don't understand how some of these vehicles are allowed on public roads.

Part of the answer here can be seen in the parking lot near the local police station where I often see one or more of these vehicles parked by patrolmen while they are on duty.

Does anyone really care? I don't.

I do find it annoying that obviously illegal vehicles (particularly the rolling coal ones) are apparently immune from law enforcement, while every grandma with a cracked taillight or one headlight out is pulled over for a ticket.

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
Originally Posted by AuthorEditor

I had to laugh when I read this description of a typical contractor vehicle lol! It is a pretty accurate description, even up here!
You forgot to mention all of them are smoking cigarettes!

I have people make baseless comments about me or the wife, based on the vehicles we are riding/ driving at the time, on a regular basis. This happens when we

are stopped somewhere, so it's not because of how we are operating said vehicles on the road.

When you are King, you can stipulate what mode of transport is "sensible".

Until that day, we live in a society that is still somewhat Free. Which means that those in "Bro Trucks" can drive what they want. Now if they are breaking the law by tailgating, or driving recklessly and cause an accident, then they should be held accountable. As should anyone in a "sensible" vehicle that causes an accident while breaking the law and/or driving recklessly.

Just for the record, I don't own a "Bro Truck".

I do however have a problem with those that try to tell others how to live their lives...

You apparently misunderstood what I posted.
You can drive what you like but when you cause injury to others by modifying a vehicle beyond factory spec and take it out of safety standard compliance for road vehicles, then I and every other road user has the right to tell you that you can't use that vehicle on our public roads.
I guess you also misunderstood what I meant when I wrote that the driver of any such vehicle who caused injury to my people would face me long before the cops arrived.

You can drive what you like but when you cause injury to others by modifying a vehicle beyond factory spec and take it out of safety standard compliance for road vehicles, then I and every other road user has the right to tell you that you can't use that vehicle on our public roads.
I guess you also misunderstood what I meant when I wrote that the driver of any such vehicle who caused injury to my people would face me long before the cops arrived.

Nope. I understood your meaning and intent perfectly...

Last edited:

Playing the safety card to try and impose your ill-guided will is the standard modus operandi of the type of person you seem to project, i.e. a control seeking individual.

Last edited:
They're obnoxious. I wouldn't care except they:
- tend to hit pedestrians with their enormous blind spots and are much more likely to kill them
- off road lights cause blindness to everyone else. But they look so cool and everyone knows they're important!
- tend to drive quite a bit faster than the laws of physics suggest they should

The "safety card" is very real. Even if I'm not involved in a wreck, I think severe punishment should be involved in those who choose this brand of negligence when they inevitably crash.

Originally Posted by KrisZ

Playing the safety card to try and impose your ill-guided will is the standard modus operandi of the type of person you seem to project, i.e. a control seeking individual.

He isn't trying to impose his will at all. He said what he would do if someone killed his grandson with their reckless behavior. I would acquit him all day on that jury.

It can be rather entertaining watching Bro-trucks trying to park in parking lots like Costco, malls on the weekend, and other tight lots. It's amusing to see, but annoying when your behind them as they have to do four point maneuvers to get in a space. But they don't care about holding up traffic (chest puffed out) it's all about them, after all. LOL.

Last edited:
A few years ago took a job doing an OCI and tuneup on a 55 chevy with a huge blower scoop on the hood. only had to drive 4 miles. After finishing the job I said I wasn`t comfortable not being able to see out the right side of the windshield so he would have to come get it. We disused the liability and he said there were no problems. We have not done business since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back