Remove NU Finish from black trim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PlzRepond
Originally Posted by grampi
The best thing to do is to not use Nufinish to start with. There are too many better products to use that don't stain trim...

Lol you're the guy that tried to talk down about nufinish on this auto geek thread and everyone thought u were a weirdo for bringing up the topic over and over since at least 2010. You're still at it now. Please find a new way to use your time.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/100895-anybody-use-nufinish.html

Yep. He is the one who is "on a mission". Maybe the corporation that makes NuFinish burned him-or someone he loves......

The best thing to do is to not use Nufinish to start with. There are too many better products to use that don't stain trim...

I agree with this. Whether it's Nufinish or another product, I'd stay away from such products that stain trim. There are plenty of good ones that don't.

Originally Posted by PimTac

I agree with this. Whether it's Nufinish or another product, I'd stay away from such products that stain trim. There are plenty of good ones that don't.

Add another vote for this view.

I avoid products that stain trim for the same reasons. There are plenty of good or even better products that don't. As Io get older I want to make things like waxing my fleet easier and more enjoyable. Removing wax from stained trim is something I prefer to avoid.

Originally Posted by demarpaint

I avoid products that stain trim for the same reasons. There are plenty of good or even better products that don't. As Io get older I want to make things like waxing my fleet easier and more enjoyable. Removing wax from stained trim is something I prefer to avoid.

The Nufinish Kool-Aid drinkers are gonna call you guys trolls too...don't you know, nothing's better than Nufinish...Lol!

Lol you're the guy that tried to talk down about nufinish on this auto geek thread and everyone thought u were a weirdo for bringing up the topic over and over since at least 2010. You're still at it now. Please find a new way to use your time.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/100895-anybody-use-nufinish.html

LOL! I'm the guy he is talking about hahahahaha!!!!! We have gone rounds so many times over the years. He swears NF is garbage. I tested it long term and posted tons of pictures of my findings and he did not like my results and claims it can't last as long or looks as good as it did. Long story short, he would never post any test results showing video or pictures. I did and he just kept bad mouthing it. I dont care if someone likes or doesn't like a product. If it is has good performance, I give it credit and NF is a good product. He just talks [censored] about different products like NF but wont ever back up any claims. I buried the hatchet and stopped with these arguments but I see he is still at it years later and keeps popping up....pretty [censored] lame. I'm testing a lot of new ceramic stuff and will post those results here too. Stay tuned....

Originally Posted by Chris B.

LOL! I'm the guy he is talking about hahahahaha!!!!! We have gone rounds so many times over the years. He swears NF is garbage. I tested it long term and posted tons of pictures of my findings and he did not like my results and claims it can't last as long or looks as good as it did. Long story short, he would never post any test results showing video or pictures. I did and he just kept bad mouthing it. I dont care if someone likes or doesn't like a product. If it is has good performance, I give it credit and NF is a good product. He just talks [censored] about different products like NF but wont ever back up any claims. I buried the hatchet and stopped with these arguments but I see he is still at it
years later and keeps popping up....pretty [censored] lame. I'm testing a lot of new ceramic stuff and will post those results here too. Stay tuned....

I don't know why people single me out, like I'm a lone trash talker of Nufinish. There are plenty of people in this site who don't like it, and if you don't think so, you need to open your eyes. And you're lucky the mods haven't seen your "F" word, or you'd be banned...it still may happen...in the meantime, keep drinkin the Kool-Aid...

Originally Posted by demarpaint

You can always tape the trim. Or get very close to it but carefully avoid.

But then again, why?

Originally Posted by Chris B.

LOL! I'm the guy he is talking about hahahahaha!!!!! We have gone rounds so many times over the years. He swears NF is garbage. I tested it long term and posted tons of pictures of my findings and he did not like my results and claims it can't last as long or looks as good as it did. Long story short, he would never post any test results showing video or pictures. I did and he just kept bad mouthing it. I dont care if someone likes or doesn't like a product. If it is has good performance, I give it credit and NF is a good product. He just talks [censored] about different products like NF but wont ever back up any claims. I buried the hatchet and stopped with these arguments but I see he is still at it
years later and keeps popping up....pretty [censored] lame. I'm testing a lot of new ceramic stuff and will post those results here too. Stay tuned....

I don't know why people single me out, like I'm a lone trash talker of Nufinish. There are plenty of people in this site who don't like it, and if you don't think so, you need to open your eyes. And you're lucky the mods haven't seen your "F" word, or you'd be banned...it still may happen...in the meantime, keep drinkin the Kool-Aid...

It was the "C" word for number 2.....not the "F" word....

It is because you constantly bad mouth NF and people are tired of it. I have not been on here for almost a year. I come back and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd topics I see have you STILL going on about how bad NF is. Seriously man, give it up and move on....

Originally Posted by 4WD
I was thinking of a vegetable oil … but maybe peanut oil (less mice that way) …
wink.gif

Yup..that's the ticket
. Any oil

I always like how people trash NuFinish. I like it. NuFinish has actually become better over the year, I believe. Lats as long or longer then Collinite/Fletwax.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Al
Originally Posted by 4WD
wink.gif

Yup..that's the ticket
. Any oil

I always like how people trash NuFinish. I like it. NuFinish has actually become better over the year, I believe. Lats as long or longer then Collinite/Fletwax.

This is why people keep making negative statements about Nufinish because people like you keep making false claims about it...Nufinish does NOT last as long or longer than Collinite....

Originally Posted by Al
Originally Posted by 4WD
wink.gif

Yup..that's the ticket
. Any oil

This is why people keep making negative statements about Nufinish because people like you keep making false claims about it...Nufinish does NOT last as long or longer than Collinite....

People that are serious about detailing will not be caught dead using (in public) NuFinish. Yet decade after decade it gets on the top 10 of all finishes. I did a test many years ago using Colinite, Fleetwax, the Best 3M Product, Meguiar's #21, and a couple of common ones (forget which) I had somewhere around 8 steel plates. After a few months the top 2 (not rusting) were NuFinish and one other (I forget). I waxed my brand new White crostrek last night. Took about an hour. Today I went out and the NuFinish wiped right of the black areas. Check out a CrossTrek its loaded with a black ninyl type stuff.

But again..use what you want. and thanks for your service!!!

I think the topic of NuFinish is evil needs to be dragged behind the barn and shot. Also- while we are dragging let's do the same with the topics of "Dealer Bash Thread of the week" and the government wants to control of privacy" or some variation thereof.

They are all tiring..........

I believe the Meguiars people say it well..."find something you like and use it often." Why does everyone have to second guess everyone's preferences on internet forums?? Is it "compensation"?? Haha.

Originally Posted by DAC17
I believe the Meguiars people say it well..."find something you like and use it often." Why does everyone have to second guess everyone's preferences on internet forums?? Is it "compensation"?? Haha.

Some guys are on a "mission" against NuFinsh. I suspect they must have splashed some on some black trim-couldn't remove it and have been angry ever since..

Originally Posted by CKN
Some guys are on a "mission" against NuFinsh. I suspect they must have splashed some on some black trim-couldn't remove it and have been angry ever since..

Or...despite the hokey Kool-Aid drinkers who are hook-line--and sinker in lust with the orange bottle goop...

After doing some online homework...they knew ahead of time that NuFinish was a horrendous product even before thinking about buying it and therefore avoided the black trim debacle entirely.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
Originally Posted by CKN

Or...despite the hokey Kool-Aid drinkers who are hook-line--and sinker in lust with the orange bottle goop...

After doing some online homework...they knew ahead of time that NuFinish was a horrendous product even before thinking about buying it and therefore avoided the black trim debacle entirely.

There was a guy on the Corvette forum who swore up and down that Turtle Wax (regular ol' green can hard shell paste) lasted just as long or longer than any of the "boutique" brands (as he called them). He was basically laughed off of the site. Some people's minds just can't be changed once they get locked into something...kinda like the old dudes who still swear that Marvel Mystery Oil is some kind of multi-purpose miracle oil...

Originally Posted by Al
Originally Posted by Al
Originally Posted by 4WD
wink.gif

Yup..that's the ticket
. Any oil

People that are serious about detailing will not be caught dead using (in public) NuFinish. Yet decade after decade it gets on the top 10 of all finishes. I did a test many years ago using Colinite, Fleetwax, the Best 3M Product, Meguiar's #21, and a couple of common ones (forget which) I had somewhere around 8 steel plates. After a few months the top 2 (not rusting) were NuFinish and one other (I forget). I waxed my brand new White crostrek last night. Took about an hour. Today I went out and the NuFinish wiped right of the black areas. Check out a CrossTrek its loaded with a black ninyl type stuff.

But again..use what you want. and thanks for your service!!!

The last time I used NF, it didn't last 3 months...and my vehicles are garaged...OTOH, Collinite lasts me 6 months...

[
[/quote]

The last time I used NF, it didn't last 3 months...and my vehicles are garaged...OTOH, Collinite lasts me 6 months...
[/quote]

Well...you must have very unique paint-because my coating (using NuFinish) lasts for months. And I garage my vehicles as well. I don't know if it last as long as Collinite or not, since I have never used that product. But NuFinish definitely last longer than "three months".I use it on my wife's 2017 Santa Fe and my 2018 Silverado-both bought new and the paint really likes NuFinish.

Recently done with NuFinish-

20190418_153530.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back