Mobil 1 0w40 vs Pennzoil platinum 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by Dragon44
Thanks for the replies. Wouldn't Mobil 1 meet the Rams specs just the same as Pennzoil platinum?

Mobil 1 used to be "the oil" for the SRT's before the Fiat takeover, which resulted in the termination of the factory and service fill contract Chrysler had with Mobil, and resulted in some serious sour grapes, like no Mobil 1 products wearing any of the Chrysler approvals for example. Prior to that, the oil used was the Euro 0w-40 Mobil 1 product. The "special" SRT Pennzoil product has higher volatility and lower AW levels than a Euro lube, read into that what you may. I've personally shied away from using it, instead using Castrol 0w-40 and now Ravenol 0w-40 in my 6.4L.

Wait, but Castrol is trash
lol.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Which Castrol 0w40 is everyone talking about? I'm at my local Walmart right now looking for it.

This one?
[Linked Image]

Or this one ( in a 0w 40 of course)
[Linked Image]

Black.
Extended performance is your typical ILSAC GF-5 oil and does not meet Euro specifications nor it comes in 0W40 "flavor."

Just got myself a Brand new RAM 2500 6.4L hemi. Which of these oils is better and why in your opinion? Would one be better than the other in this "Break in" stage? Thanks.

They're both fine, just buy the one that's on sale.

Thanks for the replies. Wouldn't Mobil 1 meet the Rams specs just the same as Pennzoil platinum?

No Mobil doesn't carry the Chrysler cert but I would not worry about using either brand both are very good.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Neither of my MB's "liked" M1 0W-40 and so the AMG gets Castrol and the C300 gets Pennzoil. At the end of the day, all of them would have the engine outlasting everything else and so it boils down to personal preference. If you have a warranty, I would use whatever meets the specifications--you could hardly go wrong with a full synthetic 0W-40 oil in any brand.

Can you explain how or why neither of your your MB's "liked" M1 0w40?
M1 did not handle fuel dilution as well as Castrol or Pennzoil.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Heard Castrol is trash.

Funny how new users pop up with nonsense like this.

lol.gif
just trying to antagonize lol when people ask "BETWEEN these two what would you pick?" Than bring a 3rd option in. I just was wondering outta these two what would you pick.

Heard Castrol is trash.

lol.gif
just trying to antagonize lol when people ask "BETWEEN these two what would you pick?" Than bring a 3rd option in. I just was wondering outta these two what would you pick.

It is not between two, bcs. Pennzoil 0W40 comes in two flavors. There is 0W40 Euro and 0W40 SRT. SRT being not so good as Euro flavor.
Still, Castrol has better UOA's.
Or, you can try both M1 0W40 and Pennzoil 0W40 (either one available) and let us know how it works.

Originally Posted by edyvw
Heard Castrol is trash.

lol.gif

It is not between two, bcs. Pennzoil 0W40 comes in two flavors. There is 0W40 Euro and 0W40 SRT. SRT being not so good as Euro flavor.
Still, Castrol has better UOA's.
Or, you can try both M1 0W40 and Pennzoil 0W40 (either one available) and let us know how it works.

It's between these two for me. I'm personally not a Castrol fan but that's just my preference. The SRT flavor has got to be hard to find because I haven't seen it around in a while. I will thanks for y'all's help.

Originally Posted by Slick17601
I would use what meets Chrysler specs which leaves you with Pennzoil.

Finally, some love for GTL.
Ferrari was right.
And, yes everyone.
Castrol is trash.

57.gif

Which Castrol 0w40 is everyone talking about? I'm at my local Walmart right now looking for it.

This one?
[Linked Image]

Or this one ( in a 0w 40 of course)
[Linked Image]

You seein' what I'm seein' ?
That Gold Bottle Castrol.
20k mile OCI.
DIT design.
5W20.
$24.48 in the famous 5 quart jug.
Exceptional value, folks.

Anyone who thinks a particular major brand is "trash" has no clue and is only here to troll threads.

lol.gif
calm down just a joke friend

LOL: calm down just a joke friend

Yeah I've seen your history of making posts that are just jokes.

Yeah, someone left the door open again:(

confused2.gif

confused2.gif

D44, I just looked at your post history and did not see anything alarming.

Hopefully you can be patient as you find your voice on Bitog.

I have been lurking here for years and can say Bitog members are rightfully fed up with real trolls.

What makes this board so great in a quirky way is that there is a great mix of really top notch information and a little bit of fun too.

11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back