Toyota Venza 2013-2016 Experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by supton
[ But tire costs would sway me.

You can get Altimax RT43 in size 245/50/20 for around $120/ea, possibly for less if you wait for a sale/promotion. Maybe not super cheap, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I guess I am used to paying a lot more for tires.
smile.gif

That's not bad at all, I thought they were on the other side of $150. I'm used to having to buy a set every year--except when I have to buy two sets.

We still have our 2013 Venza XLE AWD V6 that I bought for my wife and she loves it. When I got it, it had about 8,900 miles on the odometer and it has about 40k now, mostly around town but some road trips. To me it handles pretty well for a vehicle of this size and weight, has no rattles or squeaks (at least not any more), leather is still in good condition, and has plenty of power. No sunroof so can't comment on that, I think that's only available on the Limited trim level.

I've never owned a 4WD or SUV and this is my first AWD and first crossover, so not much for me to compare to there, but it gets along real well in snow conditions. It certainly gets going better in the snow than any other vehicle I've owned and stopping is good. If you've ever driven in snowy/icy conditions with a 2WD pickup, you appreciate it. I moved to CO over 30 years ago from CA with my Chevy C10 pickup truck with 15x10 wheels with 295/50-15's on the rear and never got stuck. Had to get creative at times but never got stuck.

The only issue has been a slight squeal that developed a couple months ago from the blower motor when the heat or A/C was on. Dealer extended warranty covered it.

Suitcases for three fit fine in the back with room to spare, especially considering how much my wife likes to pack. Being tall myself at 6'2", the seat doesn't adjust as low as I'd like but it's fine. The issue isn't so much driving position or headroom because it's comfortable, I just have to peek under the rearview mirror or roofline at times since it will create a blind spot. Being tall yourself, you probably know what I mean about some red lights. Had the same issue with an old Saab 9000 turbo I used to own but I think that car just had a large rearview mirror. Around here, a comparable year and mileage Venza is less expensive than the Highlander, or at least used to be. I think partially because the Venza just never took off in popularity like the Highlander did.

I have a 2009 model, LE 2.7 4cyl. FWD. It is a nice ride that makes for comfortable driving. It's like having an oversized camry and it sits higher. We are routinely getting 22-24 mpg overall and I have gotten 26 once on a no rush long drive of 300 miles. I know they discontinued the Venza because it competed with the Highlander. I like it so much I would buy another if I found a deal on it. We have had no problems with ours and only had to do routine maintenance. It should serve you well for a long time! The 2.7 is pretty quick for this vehicle, I can only imagine how fast the V6 would be.

Originally Posted by Rolla07
Hope everyone is having a good day! Currently still driving my old 2007 Corolla (roll up windows,manual locks, no A/C- Don't ask..). I have about 168,000 miles on it, still runs great. The lack of space has me considering a new vehicle and I am decided that it will be a Toyota Venza. Had one as a rental and really thought it was great. My family is growing, expecting my second kid tomorrow... you would figure car seats would be more compact these days.. but it doesnt help that Im 6ft6... and the Corolla just isnt going to cut it.

I have it narrowed down to a 2013-2016 models and am just looking for opinions on how your experiences have been with them, main issues, things to look out for, recalls, pretty much any and all information and recommendations. I am only considering the V6 model. I have a hard time deciding on which trim level I want.. primary plan is to find the best maintained model (with lowest mileage/good price) and go with that regardless of trim.. models i have looked at have between 38-75k miles, priced between 17-25k.

Any issues with the panoramic sunroofs? Leather seats?

It's a chunky Camry wagon, for both better and for worse. It will drive and handle like a bigger Camry, which is to say not mega sporty, but plenty of power and a decent ride with safe if somewhat uninspired handling.

It should be plenty reliable, it's nice and safe in a crash and it has more space than a typical sedan.

If a big Camry wagon is what you want, it should be a good car.

You can get Altimax RT43 in size 245/50/20 for around $120/ea, possibly for less if you wait for a sale/promotion. Maybe not super cheap, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I guess I am used to paying a lot more for tires.
smile.gif

I purchased my RT43s for $455 by making an eBay bid plus an additional 15% off using eBay's one day promo code. I purchased from the eBay seller SimpleTire.

No tax too.

Originally Posted by Patrick0525

smile.gif

I purchased my RT43s for $455 by making an eBay bid plus an additional 15% off using eBay's one day promo code. I purchased from the eBay seller SimpleTire.

No tax too.

That's a pretty good deal--another $100 for mount and balance I'm guessing?

I'm still smarting over the LTX's I bought 5 years ago, that bill was like a grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back