Circle K frustrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Chris142
Someone has to be supplying those stations with fuel. It may be Shell, Chevron etc.

My guess is Exxon Mobil, I know there's a refinery north on I-55 a ways.

I've never used top-tier gas and never had a problem. Stop worrying so much.

Originally Posted by 65f100
My local Circle K sells Phillips 66 gasoline.

Bet it won't be by next year at this time. Most of the Shell in the St. Louis market was Circle K. Lots of Top Tier to go to in the St. Louis market but Shell's gone. Plenty of Mobil, Phillips and QuikTrip and (mostly, for me) Costco.

To Mark72: In my experience Shell has always been most expensive fuel.
Take the price of the Shell you'd use then subtract the price of the Circle K you'd use.
Multiply the remainder by the number of gallons you use per month and you'll see how much you can budget for Chevron Techron.

Originally Posted by zrxkawboy
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

thumbsup2.gif
Ted is correct!

Originally Posted by Chris142
Someone has to be supplying those stations with fuel. It may be Shell, Chevron etc.

Or a no name refinery .

Circle Ks that I encounter around my general area tend to have Irving gas.
Irving just went Top Tier, which made me happy.
I used to drive a little farther to get Shell, but I go to an Irving station on my way home from work a lot now and have one of their discount cards.
I don't bother going anytime between 5-6pm, pretty much a given there will be lines at the pumps and I will probably end up just driving away, anyway.

Circle K's are everywhere in central Florida. I personally love their gas and have no issues with it. My Legacy is turbocharged and requires premium fuel and is very picky about fuel quality, no issues whatsoever.

Plus you can't beat a getting a fill up and a $.79 32oz Polar Pop!

A very large Circle-K in the next town over to me just re-branded as a Esso station.

Very happy with this, as it gives me another Esso to fill up with if I am out that way and collect points.

Closest Circle K here, change to Exxon from unbranded in last year or two. Another not too far has Shell, and others unbranded.

As for top tier debate, TT station availability about same as unbranded and price same or less. So in this region, no downside to using TT.

Originally Posted by Saul
Top tier gas....also known as techron every few thousand miles.

But doesn't Top Tier require a higher concentration of DCA's?

While using Techron is great and I do use it on occasion, isn't it better to try and minimize deposit formation to begin with? Seems to me that's one of the principle advantages of using TT regularly.

But yes, I would agree that if getting TT is a problem then dumping in some Techron or Gumout from time to time is the next best thing I suppose.

I keep wanting to stop in and try their coffee. I guess the machine grinds it fresh each time you want a cup of joe.

Originally Posted by addyguy
A very large Circle-K in the next town over to me just re-branded as a Esso station.

I have seen at least one Circle-K return to Regina, but there are no gas pumps. It took over a Mac's location. Many years back, the Shell near my house was a Shell with a Circle K convenience store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back