Car at dealership for to long for service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Rohan
Let me start at the beginning I had 1st eBay control module install by the body shop with new headlamp then I took it to the mercede dealership to get it programming but then mercede told me that driver side controls module is not communicating with the diagnostic they used. They told me I need a other control module so this time I bought a other name brand hella control module and drop it off 3 weeks ago for have them install hella control module n programming. I did called him yesterday n he didn't answer someone else did n told me that my service advisor will call me back which he didn't. So today I'm going after I get off from work w/o calling them.

I know is my fault.
frown.gif

So did you go up there and find out?

Sorry for late reply.

Yes I went up there and I saw the car and no work was done and he told me that he will have it done by tomorrow said he is busy.I feel like he's BS. If car is not done tomorrow I'm going to take it back and take it to other one more mercede dealership.

Sorry for late reply.

Yes I went up there and I saw the car and no work was done and he told me that he will have it done by tomorrow said he is busy.I feel like he's BS. If car is not done tomorrow I'm going to take it back and take it to other one more mercede dealership.

I'm betting that when you show up tomorrow NOTHING will have been done either.

Get your car out of that shady place ASAP.

Whatever is causing the delay, I bet M-B corporate would be interested to hear about your experience.

Originally Posted by DGXR
Whatever is causing the delay, I bet M-B corporate would be interested to hear about your experience.
Their response likely won't be anything more than "We're very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. Given the details of this situation, we feel it's best to resolve this with dealership management."

Remember, this is an aftermarket (non-M-B) part that the OP requested they work on. Dealerships are private operations and no doubt have discretion on their service work. M-B won't argue with them when the dealership indicates they prioritize warranty work, normal service, as well as sales of M-B official parts.

Sorry for late reply.

So what happened?

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Sorry for late reply.

So what happened?

Yes, I hate when people start a story like this and never follow up.
spankme2.gif

Sorry everyone for late reply.
Service manager took the car in that day on Monday.

When I went up there on Monday they took the car in then today they called me and told me that hella control module don't work( headlight doesn't come on) . They said eBay control module work but it won't let them program it. I think they did not even took off the bumper and try my new hella control module. eBay control module was working before but it would not program it that's why I bought the hella control module. They blaming on aftermarket parts. I told them it made by hella company in Germany. headlamp + new hella control module I provided them to put it in don't work only eBay module make the light come on same as before I gave it to them. They said I need to buy mercede headlamp + mecredes control module to make it work and program.
The only issue is driver side is not reading with star Diagnosis. It only show passenger side headlamp. I'm going tomorrow to get it back paying 1 hr labor plus took off diagnostic fee I paid last time.

Service manager gave me the quote for headlamp + control module + labor with $3k plus taxes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back