Align 3 blade deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swisher 60" 3 blade. Parked on level cement the 3 blades seem to measure good. You know, from the cement to the blade tip is the same. I know this heavy turd sinks in the grass, but I try to mow a few feet and see which blade is low or high and shim the blades/bearing holders till it looks better. But it is never consistent. Looks great here and awful there...How do you guys get it right or close to it?

I found that when you align the blades, it needs to be done front to back, as well as side to side. There is some sort of spec for front to back which will be found in the repair manual.

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
I found that when you align the blades, it needs to be done front to back, as well as side to side. There is some sort of spec for front to back which will be found in the repair manual.

Here's how Exmark follows your recommendation: ....man, I forgot how shiny they are when new.

Originally Posted by rubberchicken

+1

I was given this tool for christmas a few years back and it actually works pretty well and makes leveling the deck easy:

https://express.google.com/u/0/prod...6pOArsRw-JE_OiofvlOhyPyVRiBoCXZwQAvD_BwE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back