PUP Intervals (Loaded question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PP is not marketed as a long run oil like Amsoil, Castrol, or Mobil. I don't think that's just a marketing decision … They did not formulate to do so … This is very engine specific and connected to individual driving patterns.
What has been done in a modular Ford is no longer relative to power intensive 4 bangers …

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'd get a UOA as Tiger stated. I would not base it on a hunch, a guess based on someone else's opinion, or a blanket statement. Right now you can get a UOA done with TBN for about $10.00 + shipping. That will eliminate all guess work.

What company would do it for $10? Blackstone charges $28

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD
PP is not marketed as a long run oil like Amsoil, Castrol, or Mobil. I don't think that's just a marketing decision … They did not formulate to do so … This is very engine specific and connected to individual driving patterns.
What has been done in a modular Ford is no longer relative to power intensive 4 bangers …

I did not know that!! I'm glad to see someone post this info

Originally Posted by Twisted1
I'd get a UOA as Tiger stated. I would not base it on a hunch, a guess based on someone else's opinion, or a blanket statement. Right now you can get a UOA done with TBN for about $10.00 + shipping. That will eliminate all guess work.

Th Wix kit illustrated below includes analysis cost with TBN.
cheers3.gif

Screenshot_2019-05-16-10-32-06.png

Originally Posted by Imp4

This includes analysis cost with TBN.

This would be my first time doing this.. would I buy this kit then send it to Blackstone?

This would be my first time doing this.. would I buy this kit then send it to Blackstone?

No, you would send it to the Wix contracted lab.

Would you happen to have a link?

The address is included in the bottle when you order it.
If you're asking for a link to he RockAuto page, I'll leave you to your own devices...
cheers3.gif

The address is included in the bottle when you order it.
If you're asking for a link to he RockAuto page, I'll leave you to your own devices...
cheers3.gif

No just needed the address for Wix but since it's on the bottle, I do appreciate it!

No just needed the address for Wix but since it's on the bottle, I do appreciate it!

Yeah, it's actually a peel and stick label so you don't even have to fill the address out.

Yeah, it's actually a peel and stick label so you don't even have to fill the address out.

So I looked up the WIX PN on Amazon and a lot of reviews stated that their test samples would get shipped but they wouldn't get anything back or would take up to a month and the results were returned off of very basic testing parameters...

So I looked up the WIX PN on Amazon and a lot of reviews stated that their test samples would get shipped but they wouldn't get anything back or would take up to a month and the results were returned off of very basic testing parameters...

I have used them 4 times now w/o issue. I bought it from Rock Auto. PM me if you'd like a link. Last I checked it was under $10.

I have used them 4 times now w/o issue. I bought it from Rock Auto. PM me if you'd like a link. Last I checked it was under $10.

Ok I'll pm you

Originally Posted by PandaBear
I'd say around 15k for PUP if I use it on a car that's easy on oil. 10k if conservative about it.

Any personal experience with PUP @ 10K-15K oci?

I run the regular PP for 10k, even Castrol Magnetic (spelling?) for 10k. For PUP I do about 12k usually.

My 2018 Jeep 3.6 will go somewhere around 8k miles using the OLM. Thatś on any 0w20 oil. I wouldn´t break a sweat running Pennzoil Ultra that long. I personally prefer 5k intervals, but thatś just because I get the itch to change it then. I ran Mobil 1 AP 0w20 for about 7500 and it came out in great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back