NEW TOUGH GUARD 4386 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, pretty soon or in less than two weeks I'll be running either m1 0w30 in the ole Camry or ST HM 10W30. I'll probably use one of the Bosch D+ filters Subierubyroo sent me. Had this filter for while so I thought I would cut it open.

Enjoy the pictures
smile.gif

20190521_181520.jpg

20190521_181739.jpg

20190521_181755.jpg

20190521_181808.jpg

20190521_181816.jpg

20190521_181831.jpg

20190521_181850.jpg

20190521_181831.jpg

Originally Posted by JC1
Looks good. No vehicle to use it on? Thanks for the C&P.

This filter and the 4967 both fit a 2AZ-FE engine. I just thought I would cut it open to see what it looked like. Little wide pleat spacing but otherwise a service able filter

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by JC1
Looks good. No vehicle to use it on? Thanks for the C&P.

This filter and the 4967 both fit a 2AZ-FE engine. I just thought I would cut it open to see what it looked like. Little wide pleat spacing but otherwise a service able filter

Thanks. Do you have a running total of number of filters cut and posted here?

Originally Posted by JC1
Thanks. Do you have a running total of number of filters cut and posted here?

Well, if the search here did not suck, it would be pretty easy to find out, but since it only limits to 100 found posts at a time, a few quick searches show easily over 250 filters in the past 2 years have been posted.

Originally Posted by JC1
JC1: I stopped counting after so many
wink.gif

It has been a lot though

And we thank you for all that work.

01.gif

I'd rather see some of those NG 1516s run for 20k and C&P'd than a new TG!
lol.gif

If I can ever get off my work-laden heinie and get your care package in the mail, I can help you increase that number by about 10 filters
smile.gif

Last week took me from Muncie IN to Chicago to Fresno CA to Yosemite (El Capitan) to LeMoore to Fresno to LAX to Chicago to Michigan City IN, then back to Muncie. 6200 miles in 6 days!

Originally Posted by JC1
JC1: I stopped counting after so many
wink.gif

It has been a lot though

And we thank you for all that work.

Agreed. Thanks for all the work.

Originally Posted by blupupher
... I'll probably use one of the Bosch D+ filters Subierubyroo sent me.

Which size D+?

I have a 3422. One is longer than a 4967, and other is 4967 size

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I'd rather see some of those NG 1516s run for 20k and C&P'd than a new TG!
lol.gif

If I can ever get off my work-laden heinie and get your care package in the mail, I can help you increase that number by about 10 filters
smile.gif

Last week took me from Muncie IN to Chicago to Fresno CA to Yosemite (El Capitan) to LeMoore to Fresno to LAX to Chicago to Michigan City IN, then back to Muncie. 6200 miles in 6 days!

Goodness !! That's logging lots of miles in a week
Apparently your a semi long haul driver

Nah, no semi here. About 4600 of it was on a plane. But there was about 1600 miles done split between my trusty Impreza and a rental Maxima SL while out in Cali. Which is good because it gets me closer to the midway point of my Fram Ultra vs. Microgreen particle count test on Amsoil SS 10W30!

So, pretty soon or in less than two weeks I'll be running either m1 0w30 in the ole Camry or ST HM 10W30. I'll probably use one of the Bosch D+ filters Subierubyroo sent me. Had this filter for while so I thought I would cut it open.

Enjoy the pictures
smile.gif

This one looks ok. Tough is not a word I would use to describe these things though. More like Barely enough guard.

Originally Posted by Pinoak

Enjoy the pictures
smile.gif

This one looks ok. Tough is not a word I would use to describe these things though. More like Barely enough guard.

LOL and were would that leave some other filters they are 99+ % at 20 microns. Probably 50% of the filters on the market can't make that claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back