Circle K frustrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a college town of over 100,000 people. Our town was loaded with Circle Ks that were Mobil or BP. Now the only branded fuel in our town is Shell and you have to drive to the outskirts where the truck stop is located. It's a haul to get there. So all the Corcle Ks dumped the branded gas and now they are just Circle K with their own gas. Has anyone else noticed this? Heck..they arent even top tier. A city of over 100 thousand and no more branded gas. Is this a joke?

As do I. I dont care about brand as long as its top tier. Now I live in a relatively large town with no branded gas accept for a shell that is 8 miles away. I mean...what the [censored]?

Last edited:
Can't you just plan around getting gas outside of town when needed, like during your commute or when doing a weekend shopping run?

Same in many towns. Go to Lancaster PA. Large city/suburban area and almost no Top Tier gas even though there are a lot of very expensive cars sold there. It is all Sheetz and Turkey Hill. One of the few places to get Top Tier is Costco but it very inconvenient for a large majority of the folks who live there.

Same in many towns.

That's not the case here in the Northeast. There is almost always a Mobil or a Shell in just about every town of any size, and often many to choose from. Today I learned that the local XtraMart sells Citgo gas, which is apparently now Top Tier. That means I don't know of a non-Top Tier station within many miles of where I live. Forgot to include Sunoco.

Last edited:
It's unrelated but can I take this moment to complain that my Wex powered Pay with GasBuddy card isn't accepted at Arco?

i live in the denver metro area of over 3 million people(yikes!) and there are top tier stations everywhere.
the real truth is that 90 % or more of drivers dont know what top tier gas is and dont care.
And the gas retailers know this.

Originally Posted by Saul
Top tier gas....also known as techron every few thousand miles.

Yes. The proper maintenance dose can solve this problem, and there are others too

Just use the busiest one. The tanks should be consistently filled with fresh gas. Just add a cap full of techron every tank and you'll be fine.
smile.gif

I used to buy mostly Shell until Circle K dropped Shell for their own brand. I had a Shell gift card and customer service helped me location 3 remaining Shell stations in St Louis County. Probably a good thing since Circle K stations were pretty run down. Now I just stop at one of the two new QT stations on my way home from work. High volume stations with top tier gas for the win.

Originally Posted by Chris142
I think the top tier thing is way over thought on this forum. 99% of people including me buy whatever is cheapest. Never have any problems.

This seems to be the correct answer. Some people suggest to find gas without ethanol and that's only quality difference I was aware of.

Originally Posted by Mark72
A city of over 100 thousand and no more branded gas. Is this a joke?

Smells like opportunity!!!
You, sir, need to open a gas station.

Mark, it sounds like we live in the same town. Maybe not, but it sure sounds like it.

This is also driving me crazy, I have to drive to one of the Shells by the interstates if I want top tier, and it's usually more expensive. I'm back to Caseys gas and using techron twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back