Bosch D+ 3312 Un used CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this filter member SubieRubyRoo sent me. Figured i would cut it open
smile.gif

Five impressions in adbv sucks in my opinion; glad i didnt use this.

Last edited by a moderator:
In picture #6, that edge of the media looks like it had rubbed in the box and had worn away. Obviously the assembly is very shoddy. Poor QC at the factory.

Thanks for the c&p Adam.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
In picture #6, that edge of the media looks like it had rubbed in the box and had worn away. Obviously the assembly is very shoddy. Poor QC at the factory.

Thanks for the c&p Adam.

Yeah, i wont touch/use anything Purolator or "made by Purolator" way too big of a riak IMO

Originally Posted By: Zee09
Pure rubbish. Bosch should be ashamed.
People think these are premium too.
Thanks...... For the cp!

Yeah, maybe back in Puro's heyday they were good but......

Nice to see some filters cut again, thanks for the C&P. I have a Bosch premium (black can) I may send to see if it suffered the same fate. I know plenty of people don't like the sharkbites, but I don't really see a negative effect other than appearance. That said, it is disappointing at best in what was a $11-13 filter when they were still in WM.

Should we start sending notifications to the Federal Trade Commission or BBB etc? I am really shocked that in the 21 Century we have shoddy equipment on our vehicles. Especially after reviewing the Tearolator spreadsheet. I'm no Statistician. Just thinkin!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

How did the center tube remove so glue free? While the bites are not any good, the other version with a different style adbv has no such issues.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Should we start sending notifications to the Federal Trade Commission or BBB etc? I am really shocked that in the 21 Century we have shoddy equipment on our vehicles. Especially after reviewing the Tearolator spreadsheet. I'm no Statistician. Just thinkin!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

That torn filter spreadsheet wasn't kept up to date ... there's at lest 2 or 3 times that reported on this forum.

That’s the filter I use on my truck. Well the D3500 actually. It’s the only one that so far has eliminated startup noise. Tried motorcraft, wix and wix xp. I’ll admit it doesn’t get a lot of miles but one year and no tears yet.

Last edited:
Quote:
......While the bites are not any good, the other version with a different style adbv has no such issues.

This is correct. The D3323 (7317 equivalent) never put direct pressure from the inlet holes on the adbv, thus no indentions or cuts. Finished running my last one of three from an 09 lot purchase, all worked well. Perhaps photobucket has restored pics (?), last one posted HERE. However all those also made before M&H became sole owner of Purolator.

Even though had good results with BD+, regular price too expensive when compared to similar tier filters. And now discontinued.

Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Yeah, maybe back in Puro's heyday they were good but......

When was that? 80's? 70's? 60's?

Actually, early 2000's to about 2012 or so.
I think 2013 was when the tearing issues started.

Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
That issue should be corrected by now

Yeah, OK. Keep drinking that kool aid

Kool Aid? What Kool Aid? What are you talking about? Is there a free packet of Kool Aid with a mail in rebate? If there's free Kool Aid, I want some too.

Originally Posted by OnTheRocks
Kool Aid? What Kool Aid? What are you talking about? Is there a free packet of Kool Aid with a mail in rebate? If there's free Kool Aid, I want some too.

Someone left the screen door open again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back