2006 Ram 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.
After many years of my truck sitting dormant in the shed, I've finally started driving it, as it wont do any good just sitting there. truck in my sig with 97k miles, immaculate condition, I want it to last me till I'm at least 50 lol (I'm 28) so at least another 22 years. I just spent 3k getting all the fluids changed, shocks, u joints, pretty much complete front to back service. New 4 inch Silverline exhaust with a muffler, its stock besides that. Now that all the mechanical stuff is taken care of, I want to focus on the interior. So far I've ordered an Ultimat for the dash and a Covercraft windshield visor from Genos Garage, both excellent products. I'll be looking for the following items, in particular the best of each one and the best place to buy them.

Floor Mats: I'm considering Weathertech, but if theres better quality mats please let me know, and the place with the best price.
Headlight lens: both driver and passenger side are cracked.
Seatcovers: I'm considering Wet Okole camo seat covers, my uncle has had them on his '05 for years and theyre like new.
Driver seat foam pad and cloth cover: Dodges are known for this, the cloth wears through from getting in and out the truck and the foam also. Genos Garage has the foam pad.

Originally Posted by mobilaltima

Floor Mats: I'm considering Weathertech, but if theres better quality mats please let me know, and the place with the best price.

While WeatherTech is seen as the gold standard (for good reason) I bought a set of Aries floor liners for the Mazda and they're great. Bought them on Amazon for $69.75. Would highly recommend.

Originally Posted by Danno
Just ordered these for my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

www.tuxmats.ca

http://canadianautoreview.ca/reviews/tuxmat.html

Interested to see how they perform after years (decades?) of using weathertech.

I've got Tuxmats in the Giulia. Very luxurious look to them, they held up well this past winter. The only complaint I have is that there isn't a lip on the flap that goes under the seats. I unfortunately didn't notice this when I installed them. As I did a post-winter detail I saw that some salty water rolled under my seat leaving a salty carpet. Wasn't too pleased to find that but it was my own fault for not recognizing it as a possible fault.

You want it to last, improve the fuel filters. Add in a UHE Cat filter after the oem filter.
The standard now is under 3 microns for diesel fuel.

On my 2005 Ram 3500, I am using the wix filter base with the steel thread for the cat filter. There is enough room, I could use the newer longer cat filter, the UHE Cat 416-1225 at 10.5" length.

The UHE 319-0844 is the same length as the 1r0750
Both those two filters are the newer ultra high efficiency design, so I wont be buying anymore 1r0750's, its like yesterday's tech.

Here is my thread and pics
https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-powertrain/2495705-add-2-micron-cat-filter-3.html

Show of some pics of the truck. I would try to get it good looking for as cheap as possible. Otherwise you can spend a small fortune replacing parts to make it look new.

I like the CAT filter just because it isn't loaded in 9k miles like the OEM one. Superior filtration is a bonus.

I'm over Weather tech. Wait until they are old. Fit sucks then. Husky much better option.

sdowney717, can I get eberything I need to run the Cat filter from Glacier Diesel? I'm very interested in this as like I said, I want this truck and engine to last a long time.

Running the LF9028 wont hurt the engine in any way, especially full throttle runs? I do like to get on the pedal from time to time. Just concerned as I know it isnt the specd filter for it. I usually use the Fleetguard Stratapore LF16035 or the Donaldson Blue DBL7349.

Last question...I'll be pulling both front and rear seats out to replace my drivers side seat cushion and to put my new seat covers on both front and rear seats. Front is 40/20/40 seats and rear is 60/40. What are the torque specs for the front and rear seat bolts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back